Prediction error at the end of a game. 5 teams remaining.

by averyward2

Original Post

Prediction error at the end of a game. 5 teams remaining.

★★ Novice

Hello!

Since season 11 drop I have been having prediction errors at the end of the game (5 teams remaining). It is every end game despite my attempts at changing servers. I have played on the same computer, same settings, and same internet since release date. I haven't heard of anyone else having these issues and I can't seem to find any solution to the problem. 

Message 1 of 16 (499 Views)

Re: Prediction error at the end of a game. 5 teams remaining.

Community Manager

Hi @averyward2

I'd like to try running through some troubleshooting to see if we can help with the prediction errors you've been seeing. 

When you have the chance I'd recommend starting out with the basic connectivity steps from the EA Help website. If you're still having the same issues after that please let me know. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 16 (457 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

Yes I have tried the trouble shooting guide. I play on a wired connection with 100 down and 10 up. I tried a repair of the game yesterday hop into a game and the first endgame (5 teams remaining) I got prediction errors causing the game to come to a stand still. A friend of mine had suggested maybe it involves the ring closing so I will keep an eye on that tomorrow night, but it's consistently the last 5 teams cause prediction errors that cause the game to practically freeze. No other symbols pop up just the prediction error. I run a speed test during these times and every time my internet is still 100 down and 10 up. 

Message 3 of 16 (435 Views)

Community Manager

@averyward2 

Thank you for the update!

I'm curious if updating the DNS in Windows would make any difference with this. I've seen some cases in the past where that can help with similar issues.

You can change the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more info on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. Choosing the Manual option will let you enter a DNS of your choice. I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but I've also heard from some people who have said that the public Cloudflare DNS can help (primary DNS: 1.1.1.1). 

If you're able to give that a shot please let me know if  you're still running into any prediction errors. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 16 (412 Views)

★★ Novice

Changing the DNS did not work either.

Message 5 of 16 (382 Views)

★★ Novice

I have also switched from origin to steam and the problem still persists. 

Message 6 of 16 (354 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Which datacenter are you normally connected to? Have you tried switching to any others to test and see if that makes any difference? 

Kent.png
Message 7 of 16 (320 Views)

★★ Novice

It's impossible to play at this point. I play on St. Louis but I have switched to Iowa multiple times. I've put up the performance display and since then I don't even get the prediction error symbol. It says I have 60fps while I am just sitting at about 4 fps until I die. 

Message 8 of 16 (297 Views)

Community Manager

@averyward2 

I appreciate the update. 

Would you mind sharing a DxDiag when you've got the chance? For more info on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 16 (258 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay I have attached the file. 

Message 10 of 16 (242 Views)