Prediction Error for PC. Constant Rubber banding.

by K1ue

Original Post

Re: Prediction Error for PC. Constant Rubber banding.

★ Apprentice

Hi, 

I'm trying to get all the people who have this problem to voice out their opinions in one place so that this problem can be recognized as soon as possible. Devs are not going to care if the problem is not voiced out clearly so it'd be nice if you could direct people to one post that addresses this issue, let it be mine or yours. 

Thank you

Message 11 of 34 (1,150 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same, im sitting on 250 mbit/s ^ and 37 mbit/s v, and im STILL having packet loss when playing apex...and ONLY when playing Apex, no other games lag.

Message 12 of 34 (1,137 Views)

★★★ Novice

Are you getting packetloss, or prediction errors? Those are 2 different issues. I think the majority of us that are having this issue are not seeing packetloss, but keep getting prediction errors to any server.

Message 13 of 34 (1,130 Views)

★ Guide
@K1ue Thing is, this is a community forum. Devs don't look here. They're walled off from places like this; it isn't considered a common intake for actual issue reporting. The best you have here are Community Managers, who many times are not capable of performing the QA intake process to get issues reported and addressed.

I'd bet you dollars to donuts the devs don't even know about this issue.

This is what irks me most about games with lots of patching. You might buy into a game and everything works fine, then some klutz screws up the game, and it could be weeks, months or even YEARS before they're able to figure out the cause and fix it.

I don't mean to be pessimistic; but I feel it's more realistic to assume that the issue won't get fixed.
Message 14 of 34 (1,102 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Aegis_Kleais Do you know a place where I can get the dev's attention?

Message 15 of 34 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue and have been playing on Oregon servers since day one. This issue has been driving me nuts trying to play the game. I did the same thing with ea support and their response is "looks like other people are playing the game just fine". This issue lasting as long as it has makes me think the Devs really don't care about their game.. EA has a history of not putting forward effort with things like this. I did every fix that support suggested and the game is still unplayable. EA pay attention. 

Message 16 of 34 (1,069 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Aegis_Kleais then why do EA respond to threads where they feel they are needed/can do so...? Where do you think those replies comes from and what do you think becomes of the information received??
Message 17 of 34 (1,041 Views)

★ Guide

@K1ue - I'd go to Respawn's website and check their contact channels. Be professional, let them know you're a customer whose gone through public forums and not had their issue addressed. Ask if they have an alternate way to submit feedback or bug reporting. See where you can go.

@o7_FluffyCotton EA can deem persons who are not even employees of EA with honorary titles like Community Managers or moderators which respond to forum posts. There's even a chance someone is on the payroll who acts as a Community Manager, but the chance they're going to aggregate a consensus on player issues and then attend meetings with developers (or file the feedback with internal systems) is usually very rare. Instead, they're just used to flow information from company out to the forum community.

It's tough because many times, even if a forum were deemed as a source of intake for issues, most people reporting problems just say "Your game sucks! Fix it!". It's worthless feedback because it needs to be constructive and systematic to be of use. So forums are often seen as places where players just get out their anger at the game's shortcomings. That's why I suggest alternative approaches. But when you do seek those out, be as professional and offer as much objective feedback as you can. 

Message 18 of 34 (1,021 Views)

★ Guide

It's easy to make a sweeping statement like "The devs don't care", but chances are many do, though might not be able to do much. For example, you've got people specializing in audio, character or level design, textures, etc. And if the problem is network-based, there's no much these people can do to fix the issue; but I'm sure they still care about the game and don't want it to have the issues we're having.

You'll ALWAYS find idiots out there who say "If it works perfectly fine on my computer, then it must be your computer". These people are imbeciles and you need to straight up ignore them. They don't understand the first thing about how systems actually work. There are a MYRIAD of differences between their setup and yours, so just ignore those people.

But I understand it also doesn't help us out. Sadly, we're at the mercy right now of the devs communicating that it's a known issue they're working on, and the time it takes to identify, develop, test and deploy a patch.

Message 19 of 34 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Novice

has anyone gotten any further on this? New patch just came out and unfortunately same issues with rubber banding and prediction errors all over the place.

I've also reinstalled the game, didnt help one bit.

Message 20 of 34 (950 Views)