Re: Prediction Error for PC. Constant Rubber banding.

by EzyHawk

Original Post

Prediction Error for PC. Constant Rubber banding.

★ Apprentice

I have been trying to fix this problem for over a week now. I have asked for help from live chat, and they said that a lot of players are experiencing the same issue, and they'd send me an email with steps that I can take for now to solve it. I have tried the steps to no avail. I've seen many posts regarding this problem on the forum, and many have no assistance given to them. This problem is getting quite annoying, and I would please like someone to pay attention and help. Here are some attachments to save some time for anyone trying to help Standard smile

Message 1 of 34 (1,685 Views)

★ Guide

Have had this issue since the last patch. Pretty horrible game experience, but I don't think enough are experiencing it for them to do anything about it. To my knowledge, they're not even aware of it. Don't think they've acknowledged it as an issue, but its brings a game from a 8/10 easily down to a 2/10 for me. 

Message 2 of 34 (1,645 Views)

Champion
@K1ue Hello please verify that all your drivers are up-to-date:

Have you tryed to flush your dns?
Open CMD (Admin) and type; “ipconfig /flushdns” (without the quotes).
Press enter.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 34 (1,623 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EzyHawk  Yes, all my drivers are updated up to date and I have flushed my DNS.

Message 4 of 34 (1,587 Views)

Champion
@K1ue Got any thirdparty running Such as Firewall, Anti-virus, Discord?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 34 (1,578 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EzyHawk I have disabled my antivirus and I do have discord running in the background. I have experienced prediction errors and rubberbanding when discord wasn't running either too though.

Message 6 of 34 (1,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EzyHawk Is there anything else I can do?

Message 7 of 34 (1,498 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What are the solutions for PS4? Ive seen these kinds of recommendations elsewhere, but its all PC stuff.  Seems telling that same issue is happening on different platforms?

Message 8 of 34 (1,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Message 9 of 34 (1,486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh thank god! I thought I was the only one having this issue, that seems to have started about 2 weeks ago when the patch came. I've been playing Apex since the very beginning, and have had NO issues until about then.

I play on PC, and started noticing prediction error icon start showing up constantly, almost every game. Granted I am a network engineer, and have been doing nonstop troubleshooting on this thinking it was something with my local network or my PC, but it only seems to be affecting Apex. The only thing I have not tried to do yet was completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

It doesnt seem to matter what time of day / night it is, and what server I connect to in game to play, it randomly decides to do it, enough to take the game I love to almost completely unplayable, especially for ranked games.

I am hard wired to my router, with a 150MBPS down / 10MBPS up connection, and about 30-40ms ping to the Utah server, which I play on, with no packetloss.

Hoping the devs see this and can help us who have been struggling with this issue since patch.

Message 10 of 34 (1,405 Views)