Re: Potential Random Crashes to Desktop Fix

by NoCureForFailure

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Do you have any compatibility mode properties set to your game executable files?
Message 11 of 15 (439 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Turns out I need to quit the Discord software. Instead I need to use the web based app in my browser. Now I have my FPS uncapped again with +fps_max unlimited in the launch options of Apex. And settings on high again.

So I'm unable to use the normal Discord app from my harddrive when playing Apex Legends with high FPS, and need to use the web based one from my browser instead. But if I cap my FPS to 80, with +fps_max 80, I can use the Discord app from my harddrive as usual.

But it's not the in-game overlay, already switched that off. Even with in-game overlay switched off it will crash. Need to use web based app in browser.

For now I'm using the web app in my browser so that I can play with high (uncapped) FPS.

Hope there will be a fix soon.

My system:
Intel Core i5-9600K - OC all 6 cores to 4.8Ghz
Asus ROG STRIX GTX1080 8G
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 SSD
G.Skill Aegis F4 3000 16GB - OC to 3200

Message 12 of 15 (402 Views)

Unfortunately got crashed out of a game again to my desktop yesterday February 26, got a notification right after that Apex Legends needed to update. I do the update of approx. 35MB and crashed next game again. This happened while I was using the Discord web app from my browser, with +fps_max unlimited. Which was working fine for 1 day.

I'm back at +fps_max 80 and using the Discord software app from my harddrive again, instead of the web app from the browser.

My system:
Message 13 of 15 (374 Views)

To everyone, this helped for me.

I did the following:

First:
- Put my monitor on 144hz
- Nvidia settings on 144hz for my monitor
- Turned off G-sync

After that:

1. Go to START/ type RUN enter/ type TEMP enter/ continue/ delete the contents of the folder
3. Run RAMMap and go to top Empty -> Empty working sets
4. Go to the folder where your Apex is installed ( mine is C:\games\Apex\__Installer\customcomponent\EasyAntiCheat ) and run the Repair service for Respawn Demo
5. Enter Apex game and before clicking to enter the lobby press CTRL+ALT+DEL then Task Manager then Details then find EasyAntiCheat.exe right click Set Priority to Low
6. Dont close Task Manager from the above step and go to Services then on the bottom left you will have Open Services search for EasyAntiCheat right click Propreties and from the Recovery tab and put all three to Restart the Service and from the bottom tab put Restart the Service after 0 minutes

You will need to run steps 4, 5, 6, 7 every time you run the game or you encounter strutters or freezes.

My system:
Acer Predator XB241H - 180hz
Message 14 of 15 (341 Views)

★ Guide
I am certain you are using dvs_gpuframetime_max/min wrong here. The method is
1 / Target Frame Rate x 1,000,000 = max
max x 0.97 = min

eg for 60hz;
1/60=0.01666'7 x 1,000,000 = 16,667max
16667 x 0.97 = 16,167min

I made a nice tuning for 138 fps cap so freesync works nicely but I crash without frame cap 80 or lower anyway because game is still broken
Message 15 of 15 (311 Views)