GA Theed Naboo daylight Royal Palace massive fps drop

by iicko

Original Post

Post Processing is a huge FPS hog

★★★★ Apprentice

I have found out that many of the largest changes in Frame rate come from the Post Processing Effect going from LOW to Medium. And a large degree of the drop comes from the reflections. I go from about 80-100 fps outside the palace in theed naboo to about 30-40 FPS inside when the floor reflections are enabled (switch to medium). Should the drop be this large? To me it doesn't seem like it.

Another problem is you need to give players a heck of alot more control over PP effects. I dont care about depth of field. I want it off. You need to stop trying to pigeon hole players into setting groups. Let us decide what we like and dont by enabling or disabling more fine controls. Like i dont mind the HDR effect, but i hate the DOF effect.

But the original problem would be nice to see solved. 

Message 1 of 7 (4,809 Views)

Re: Post Processing is a huge FPS hog

★★★★ Apprentice

My system info is attached

Message 2 of 7 (4,802 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Its probably the reflections. If i turn Postprocess.Screenspaceraytracingenable to 0 it jumps back up to over 100 fps. Why is the move from LOW to MEDIUM that much of a performance drop?

Message 3 of 7 (4,794 Views)

GA Theed Naboo daylight Royal Palace massive fps drop

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug In the third phase of GA Theed Naboo daylight setting I'm experiencing massive fps drops in the Royal Palace. It's only inside the Palace and I never had that issue before. The game runs smoothly at around 90-100fps all the time on any other map, turning down graphic settings doesn't change anything fpswise in the Royal Palace. It used to run fine, I don't know if maybe the last patch broke something related to the lighting in the Royal Palace. I updated my gpu drivers, verified the game files and even tried an older version of my gpu drivers. Issue persists unfortunately
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 14/07/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? GA 3rd phase Naboo Theed Royal Palace
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drop around 40%-50%
What do you expect to see? The game to run as smooth as it always did/does on every other map
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 970, driver version 398.36, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Dxdiag attached as .txt file.

Message 4 of 7 (4,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the exact same issue, I'm on a GTX 970. This happened when I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers, 398.36. I usually get a solid 60fps in any situation on this game, but Theed seemed to be particularly bad, probably due to the massive lighting differences and heavy use of Post Processing (polished floors and tiles). I reverted back to the optimal game drivers released in November 2017 for this game and the issue disappeared. I can only assume the newer drivers mess about with the way Post Processing is handled by the GPU.

One interesting note, when the FPS did drop the GPU usage shot from mid 70's to 100%.

Message 5 of 7 (4,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, this post is old, I know. But even in 2020 with RTX3080 when everything set to low and PP is set to medium game is super laggy, however if I'll set everything to Ultra but PP to low it works fast.

Message 6 of 7 (3,605 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2  please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (3,488 Views)