Possible fix to the crashing with no error issues

by NotQuinnen

Original Post

Possible fix to the crashing with no error issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

With the reintroduction of Olympus last week, I started crashing with no error, pretty much every time I played.

After trying basically everything I could find on the subject, I started in depth monitoring my PC while playing, and found a crash pattern at around 2800-2900 CPU memory usage. 

So I started digging deeper and I ran into a forum thread where a dev addressed an issue similar to mine, he suspected the CPU.

I then decided to try downclocking my CPU, from 4.8GHz to 4.6GHz, re-enable XMP instead of a ram OC preset I was running, and I haven't crashed since I tried these changes.

I assume this has something to do with the amount of data the CPU receives from the game, and if the CPU is OC'd to it's limit, it can't comprehend the amount it receives, and so it crashes.

It's worth mentioning that I didn't have any crashing issues BEFORE the reintroduction of Olympus, and before that I haven't had any issues since they hotfixed an issue back in s7. (Also around the reintroduction of worlds edge I believe)

I remember several people having crashing problems around that time too.

I posted this "fix" on a few forum threads and on reddit, and so far people have responded that it also worked for them.

I hope it works for you guys as well, if anything it's worth trying.. If your CPU is overclocked that is.

*Also, feel free let me know here, whether it works or not!* 

~ Quinnen

Message 1 of 3 (175 Views)

Re: Possible fix to the crashing with no error issues

EA DICE Team
@NotQuinnen Thanks for sharing! Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 3 (119 Views)

Re: Possible fix to the crashing with no error issues

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Ofc. Glad to help 😊
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)