Possible fix for stutters/microstutters

by AstroGrogg

Original Post

Possible fix for stutters/microstutters

★★★★★ Novice

For those who still have issues with stutters and microstutters like i had. Do the game run better for you for alittle while with a newly rebooted PC? If so, it might be a memory cache issue becouse of Windows 10 that the frostbite engine have trouble with. Windows 10 keeps hogging up standby memory thanks to a Windows 10 patch around the ssame time Last Jedi popped. But i found a solution for that and it fixed my microstutter in Battlefront 2 and the huge stutters i had in Battlefield 1.

When u play, empty your standby list with RAMmap or try this suggestion i found on a nvidia forum that solved the problem for me so i dont need to empty standby memory manually.

"marts_sum said:
Hey guys,

Here is my permanent solution/set it and forget it workaround for the creators memory issues (particularly with Frostbite games).

1. Download EmptyStandbyList and put it somewhere where you won't move ithttps://wj32.org/wp/software/empty-standby-list/

2. Right click > Properties and select Run as Admin under compatibility.
3. Open Task Scheduler > Create Task on the far right
4. General Tab (give it a name). Under security options > Change user or group > Advanced > Find Now > go down and choose SYSTEM (important to make it run silently in the background). Tick 'Run with highest privileges' and 'Hidden' at the bottom. Pictures here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6568736/how-do-i-set-a-windows-scheduled-task-to-run-in-the-bac...

5. Triggers tab > New > On a schedule > One Time. Tick repeat task every 5 minutes (possibly excessive but it causes no issues). 
6. Actions tab > Start A program > Point to the EmptyStandbyList.exe file.
7. Done! Standby memory is automatically cleared every 5mins and BF1 especially will run smooth for hours!"

Dont forget to change to Win10 in task manager when u create a task.

Hope it helps for you aswell.

Message 1 of 2 (672 Views)

Re: Possible fix for stutters/microstutters

★★★★ Guide
Yup, this method saves up some CPU cycles, when an application/driver wants to allocate more memory.
Message 2 of 2 (655 Views)