Re: Possible fix for Apex crashing after "Run & Gun" patch.

by CroL0co

Original Post

Possible fix for Apex crashing after "Run & Gun" patch.

★★ Guide

I had crashing problems before, tried every possible "fix" until I did some troubleshooting and found out that the crashes were tied to the cpu. I had to lower my 100% stable overclock (I have a i5 8600k) for 100mhz and then it worked fine. The devs addressed this issue and fixed it and in a patch and I was able to once again bring back my old overclock.

After the "Run & Gun" patch Apex started crashing again every other game, sometimes with the error message and sometimes without it, and the first thing that came up my mind was that the cpu problems came back again so I lowered my overclock but the crashes continued. after that I tried different gpu drivers, again no luck. Then I reverted to the nvidia drivers 436.02 which I had installed when the crashes started, but this time I didn't install Geforce Experience. Two days in a row I had 0 crashes. I know it's only two days so I will update the thread if the crashes start again, but for everybody who is desperate (and has a nvidia card) they can try to install the drivers which I mentioned without Geforce Experience.

Message 1 of 2 (466 Views)

Re: Possible fix for Apex crashing after "Run & Gun" patch.

★★ Guide

Ok so the crashes started again after 3 days with 0 crashes. Can somebody help me narrow the problem so I know if it's cpu or gpu related? I attached the crash file and dxdiag.

Message 2 of 2 (390 Views)