Possible Solution to Madden 19 Freezing

by ChupaMisLimones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Possible Solution to Madden 19 Freezing

★★ Novice

My game had been freezing during and after drives causing me to get sacked, receive delay of game penalties, miss key tackles on defense which allowed the offense to score, and so on. I did EVERYTHING from deleting cloud saves to uninstalling and reinstalling the game and clearing local saves to uninstalling and reinstalling my gamertag. The problem started on my Xbox One X and it ended on my original Xbox One. I was tired of all of the problems I was having with my Xbox One X, so I unplugged everything and moved my external hard drive and myself to my living room where my backup Xbox One stays. Before playing on my original X1, I decided to format my external drive, then afterwards I reinstalled Madden 19 and started playing. Everything worked as it should. I played MUT for a while, no freezing. I played online for a while, no freezing, just minor lag like one would expect. So, I don't know if the problem was my X1X, or my external drive. I was having other issues on the X1X which is why I decided to play on my backup instead. After I finished playing Madden, I went back to my X1X and factory restored it, it had been fully shutdown the entire time I was in the living room, which was for about an hour and a half, but when I finished restoring my X1X all the problems I had experienced with the console itself were gone. I still haven't tried Madden 19 on my X1X, so I'll give it a try and keep everyone updated. I have a strong feeling it was my external hard drive that probably had some corrupted files, or it could have very well been a combination of both my X1X and the external drive. If you don't have an external drive, try formatting the internal drive. If you have more than one Xbox, try it out on your second console. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,134 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Possible Solution to Madden 19 Freezing

★★ Novice
Well, my issue turned out to be my Xbox One X. Everything has been running smooth on my original X1, and I sent in my X1X for repair. Hope this thread helped at least one person.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,130 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
Well, my issue turned out to be my Xbox One X. Everything has been running smooth on my original X1, and I sent in my X1X for repair. Hope this thread helped at least one person.
Message 2 of 4 (1,131 Views)

Community Manager

@ChupaMisLimones

Solution marked, thanks for posting.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (942 Views)

★ Novice

So you had to send your xbox to Microsoft to be repaired? I am having the same issue.

Message 4 of 4 (911 Views)