Possible Fix for Fx6300 users

by BogutUndersaw

Original Post

Possible Fix for Fx6300 users

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Possible fix for atleast fx6300 users so setting your game to using 4 cores seems to have stabilized the game. Using process lasso to save the settings, your going to want to set the cpu affinity for your first 4 cores those being cores 0-3. You will need to change the cpu affinity for the following programs easyanticheat launcher, easyanticheat service, and finally apex legends. You will have to change the affinity for easyanticheat launcher while the game is booting when you see the first window booting eac thats when you will have to set the affinity or atleast select the program to start changing the affinity its okay if the eac launcher finalizes as long as you select the program and start changing the affinity in process lasso. after that restart the game.

Credit for finding this fix goes to user @BluesAdamfor bringing it to my attention and @THUNDERDOMEPLS for the original post i just automated it with process lasso so you don't have to change windows boot options to only boot with 4 cores or bios options for those of that dont want to possibly destabilize an overclock or dont want to mess with your bios.

eac stands for easyanticheat

This post will be updated if i crash in game along with how long it took before a crash.

crash edit - I crashed after playing stable for 4 hours so it is possible it was caused by some other problem then what i was experiencing for example could have been a random crash that everyone experiences now and then as the game is still new, before as i was crashing every game to every 2 games i would still say that this is worth a shot.

edit 2 - I've gone ahead and set the processor affinity for every process related to apex so the one listed before and origin along with OriginWebHelperService and that seems to have helped the in lobby crashing i was able to sit in a lobby for 29 min before getting the disconnect. going into the game menus while in lobby seems to cause crashes more frequently in 1 hr of sitting in the lobby i crashed 3 times 2 of those was when i went into a menu like the legends menu or store so i wouldn't get disconnected due to inactivity.

I've gone ahead and made a video for the sake of simplicity and for those who find it easier to watch a video - https://youtu.be/2X3pjjfHUMw

try this method instead no core limiting or downloads - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Possible-crash-fix/m-p/7534180#M22660

Message 1 of 11 (1,156 Views)

Re: Possible Fix for Fx6300 users

★ Guide

I still seem to be crashing in the menus but in game seems stable so far.

Message 2 of 11 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Novice

got an update on this? Don't want to go through the trouble if it still crashes in game

Message 3 of 11 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I too want to know if this works for multiple people
Message 4 of 11 (1,110 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i haven't crashed in game yet only in menu

Message 5 of 11 (936 Views)

★ Apprentice

does not work

Message 6 of 11 (885 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Can you go into more detail @Plaastina because it seems that Russian is your first language so its possible that something was done incorrectly or you misunderstood that this increases stability in the actual game not lobby/menu.

Message 7 of 11 (865 Views)

★ Guide

Don't do this it does not work. I actually went to my bios and increased performance mode from normal to high power mode, and I haven't crashed in over 24 hours. I'm not saying it's a fix for everyone but I went from guaranteed crashes every time I a) loaded up the game b) finished a match and waiting to load menu c) play a game. I went from 5 crashes every ten minutes to literal 0 crashes since I made this change yesterday, and I played for 12 hours.

Message 8 of 11 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

http://prntscr.com/mjirfi
It's so annoying, I hope devs gonna fix this asap

Message 9 of 11 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey there,

I am not the guy who found the solution. I saw it here posted by someone else. However, it works. I don't know if it works via Process Lasso or task manager, but I disabled cores 5 and 6 in bios and have been playing since 2 days continuously with not a single problem.

So yeah, it works. Performance takes a bit of hit, of course, but it's better than not being able to play at all.

Edit: Here's the original post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/AMD-FX-6xxxx-Crash-and-Disconnect-SOLVED/td-p/7456339

Message 10 of 11 (851 Views)