by UhntsYou

Original Post

Re: Possible Constant Crash Fix

★★★★★ Novice
did the driver updates and yea I already did that one
Message 21 of 37 (1,599 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
im trying it again to see if it fixed. its definitely better though. it doesn't do it as much but it eventually does it.
Message 22 of 37 (1,594 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Updates are very important sometimes they can either fix problems or cause them. Always keep drivers, bios, windows, everything updated. If it's a problem roll back to a previous version and see if it helps. You can also go with from small trouble shooting such as uninstalling & reinstalling both Origin & Apex Legends...to a big solution more annoying solution of reformatting your entire hard drive and starting from a clean state. 

Message 23 of 37 (1,583 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
so I have AMD and I read a thread where people with AMD are getting crashes......
Message 24 of 37 (1,581 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
does it have to come down to me having to buy another gpu?
Message 25 of 37 (1,580 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@LensMotive No not necessarily but I have seen many issues with people trying to play this game using AMD products. At that point it's up to their company to update/add any patches needed for those individuals. If they don't/won't do it I'm sure someone will have some crazy fix in the future...hopefully near future.

Message 26 of 37 (1,569 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
but I have to change my gpu if I always have to play games on low-very low settings right?
Message 27 of 37 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@LensMotive Well, that was why I was trying to get your specs earlier...if you have to lower all your settings to get this game to run then yes it's time to update your GPU. Because, I've tried looking at the lower settings and it just isn't pleasant.

Message 28 of 37 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
damn is the gtx 1030 good? im trying to find a budget gpu but that's good
Message 29 of 37 (1,549 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@LensMotive hmm, the 1030...that's pushing it to being considered outdated seeing as it only has 2GB worth of ram: this one was a decent one I found:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07646VQ6T/ref=psdc_284822_t1_B071DY2VJR

It depends on what your budget is...If I were you I'd just save my money and see how far you can push that budget and get something more recent. I have a GTX1060 6GB and wish I could afford better like a 1080Ti . The GTX1060 3GB version is a little over $100 and that would be much better than the 1030...like I said up to budget though.

Message 30 of 37 (1,524 Views)