Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Possible Antialiasing Causing Frames to Drop or Lock to 60

by XxTripleBeamxX

Original Post

Possible Antialiasing Causing Frames to Drop or Lock to 60

★★★★ Novice

I have been having serious fps issues for several days now. I average 100+ fps in game, the only time it really drops is in Fort which is usually 60-90 frames, this is with vsync off but for the past several days now my frames seemed locked to 60 and would bounce up and down between 50 and 70 but usually stuck around 60. I just did some testing with settings and I turned vsync on in game and in NVidia Control Panel, turned off Antialiasing in game, played for a few minutes and saw my fps climb back to normal between 120-150 I then turned Antialiasing back on in game and my frames stayed stable. I also had Antialiasing mode turned on to Override any application, Antialiasing Setting to x8 and Triple Buffering and vsync both on in NVidia Control Panel. I have now set those two Antialiasing settings to Application Controlled and keep fingers crossed my fps is back to normal and stays. I will post an update to this thread if anything changes.

Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)

★★★★ Novice
After logging back in game my frames were still locked to around 60. I have no clue wtf is broke in this game but I'm one of those gamers that if something is bugging me in a game I try to find a solution. Let's see who can find it first, me or the dev's, my money is on me with the track record the devs have with Anthem lol.
Message 2 of 4 (131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Why do you use triple buffering? With that frame rate you should not be getting tearing and thus should not require it. The added delay in presentation of the image isn't worth the benefit in your scenario I think.

Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I usually never have triple buffering or vsync on in any games I play but having certain settings on and off is the only way Anthem will cooperate but it still likes to act up no matter what. My frames are still low compared to what they were and I still get the random crashing to desktop but 4 outta 5 times I can actually stay in game and at least complete the dailies most times.

Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help