Poor hit detection after update 3.0

by WedgeAntillesBR

Original Post

Re: Poor hit detection after update 3.0

★★★ Novice

It's a global issue I'm playing with an EU/NA group and we keep getting matched on Australian/Japonese server

Message 11 of 18 (464 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, Game is unplayable. Hit detection is horrendous. I didn't have too much of an issue prior to the update but now it's ridiculous.

Message 12 of 18 (457 Views)

★★★ Novice

This isn't just a Southern hemisphere issue, as you probably know, but late night EU (end even during the day tbh) is plagued with the most bizarre server matches. 

Getting lots of NA servers is annoying but foreseeable, yet as an EU or mix of EU/NA team playing against what we know is a full NA team and getting a Japanese server is incredible.

We get lots of Australian servers as well, and Brazilian servers, which are by far the worst, without dismissing how bad the rest of the long distance ones are, of course.

It's not uncommon to get 0 hit regs even after going through the entire weapon energy allowance, and it's especially annoying for plasburst. Resupplies and shields also take 1-2 seconds to fly out and another sec to register with the player that receives them. Lots of lag stutters, etc etc.

Message 13 of 18 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hey @PanzerFrost1941  we were on the same team yesterday and I'd usually see you with a lot of kills. We both had about 5 kills each and the match dragged on too long.  I really hope they fix it! -narfcap

Message 14 of 18 (422 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Phew! I thought it was just me. Was playing dogfight just now and was wondering why the hell it took forever to shoot down enemies. In once case, I shot a Tie Interceptor like 20 times. All were hits (visually), but his hp was like 100%. God damn!!

Message 15 of 18 (400 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its not isolated to southern hemisphere. I'm in the UK, I play in a clan with players across Europe and the Americas. We have found that the hit registration seems to be worse when flying against Imperial ships. Even when flying behnd a Tie Fighter straight and level sinking a full overcharged clip the guy still has 100% health left.

Seems to be a major issue since patch 3.0.

Message 16 of 18 (397 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here. I play with mostly UK/EU players and we get this issue in 2 out of every 5 games, and most commonly when playing as Empire. It's really lowering morale in our playerbase and I can only imagine how dispiriting it must be to new players who just bought the game. It's been particularly bad since the 3.0 update. 

Message 17 of 18 (369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@narf8874 lol I saw you in that game as well Standard smile Not sure if it was that one, but one of the games the hit detection was so bad the timer actually ran out before anyone reached 30.... On a dog fight! Never seen that before. I literally could not shoot down anyone despite pumping a star destroyers worth of lasers into a tie interceptor.I think my lowly 5 kills came from missile hits only - Pulling my hair out!

Message 18 of 18 (365 Views)