Re: Poor game performance on iPhone 6

by IG-EE83

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Poor game performance on iPhone 6

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve been playing for the last 3 years on my iPhone 6 Plus without an issue , but after the last update the in game graphics are slow and choppy with frequent freezing / stutters. Has something changed ? The phone has a near new battery , I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, and I’ve restarted the phone numerous times. I’m also noticing battery usage is up. There was a post on the forums suggesting the frame rate has been moved to 60fps - is this true ? If so would explain a lot , and leave me wondering why this is not an option. 

To to make matters worse , for the first time I’m getting. Crashes in a TW battle - no warning just hard close. 

This is has obviously cost our guild and is very frustrating. 

Is this a widespread problem and is a fix coming ?

Message 1 of 8 (1,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey folks, could  you take a peak at this Bug report: "Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround". It sounds like the same issue you're reporting here. 

Update: Ok it's the same issue. I'll lock the thread here. Please join that Bug Report thread to continue this discussion. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (1,380 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem

Message 2 of 8 (1,478 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
I have iphone 6 as well and last 2 tw has been nighmare for me.Application closes while trying connect battle.Some times it closes during battle at tw.
Message 3 of 8 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have an iPhone 6 as well and last tw I had one battle close, but this ongoing tw I just had 3 battles close. I am very frustrated. And it had never been an issue until the latest update 

Message 4 of 8 (1,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same issue to the point where my guild doesn’t want me to attack. Is there a fix coming?

Message 5 of 8 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey folks, could  you take a peak at this Bug report: "Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround". It sounds like the same issue you're reporting here. 

Update: Ok it's the same issue. I'll lock the thread here. Please join that Bug Report thread to continue this discussion. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 8 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes it sounds the same. I tried the workaround tonight and it didn’t work - I started the tank on wifi with no background apps and once started after 30 seconds switched to flight mode. I was able to play the tank to the end (solo without Finn). I am the only one in my guild who can do this - and the game crashed to desktop right after the final cut screen but before “victory” was displayed. I did not get the option to retry network connection etc . After reloading my battle and score was not recorded. 

This is prettty bad as I’ve now given up on a number of tank raids, have it play GA on a PC using bluestacks which I can’t access at night.  Is there any word on a fix or compensation. I’d guess this has cost me 5-6 tank raids p1 , and at least 5 TW battles lost. 

Message 7 of 8 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ipad 2 as well, same thing as u say, was fine, now *
Message 8 of 8 (1,321 Views)