Re: Poor Performance (Low FPS, Freezes)

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Poor Performance (Low FPS, Freezes)

★ Novice

I love playing this game but the strangely poor performance bugs the hell out of me. My graphic card is a Radeon 290X and is no slouch but BFV seems to run with the low FPS symbol (orange) most of the time, even when I turned everything to lowest settings (except for texture quality and filtering) at 1980 x 1080 resolution. Am running on Windows 7.

Even when I turn the game down to next lower resolution, the FPS is still poor. Sometimes, the whole game freezes for a few seconds (and the GFX fans shut down too!!) but resumes as per normal after that. Already have installed the latest drivers. Running the game on an SSD too, tried switching to a normal HDD but it was worse. Hoping someone could help me out! No other games behave like that, even BF4 which I run on Ultra settings.

Message 1 of 6 (791 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JohnMacGuffin BFV is a high usage CPU game and as your gear is older it will have a harder time sadly. Your CPU and ram also come into play as well not just OS and video card, net speed etc.

Please  see this link it may help you and do all the settings you can and make the cfg at the end of part one... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907

BATTLEFIELD V RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X

Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent

Memory: 12GB RAM

Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB

Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB

DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent

Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Available Disk Space: 50GB

RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR DXR

Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 8700

Memory: 16GB RAM

Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 2070

DirectX: DirectX Raytracing Compatible video card

Available Disk Space: 50GB

BATTLEFIELD V MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS <--- This is hard to game on and would give lag and bottle neck

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-8350

Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K

Memory: 8GB RAM

Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1050 / NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB

Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 560 / HD 7850 2GB

DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent

Hard-drive space: 50GB

Message 2 of 6 (740 Views)

★ Apprentice

So why if i am using RTX2080 OC and i5 6600k OC to 4.5Ghz am i struggling to get over 60fps since 2 updates ago, i used to get 144fps easy.

It has been happening to a lot of people, if you read your forums you would notice this and might want to stop ignoring it.

Message 3 of 6 (693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Now the problem is worse. The hangs are about 1-2 seconds long and more frequent now. It is not my computer that is the issue. When I first bought BFV I hardly had the low FPS icon. Need to improve performance and bug fixes ASAP!

Message 4 of 6 (637 Views)

Community Manager

@JohnMacGuffin 

Let's see what's causing this to happen. Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 6 (625 Views)

★★ Guide

It's the same here, could you fix your game ? It's not a bit annoying now, it's REALLY annoying !

i5 8600k RTX 2060 SUPER Nvidia partner and you are not able to work with their team to optimize your game ? Stop partenership so -_- 

Message 6 of 6 (604 Views)