Re: Poor Network, Unplayable Lag, CNC Rivals

by Olofsigvard

Original Post

Poor Network, Unplayable Lag, CNC Rivals

★★ Apprentice

Hi there,

Daily Rivals player here using iPad Pro.

Not sure why but I have been facing with Lag and Poor Network Issue starting Early March 2020.

Game is just unplayable.

Thinking it was my line or server issue, but doesn't seem like it is.

Other programs are running smoothly except for Rivals.

Any fix on this?

Thanks.

Regards,
Treekeen

Message 1 of 12 (2,786 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @treekeen,

Apologies for the delay, is this still happening?
EACade
Message 2 of 12 (2,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, still the same. I just test my internet speed, I having  500mbps dl and 100mbps up speed. But even network poor, lagging very severely. because of this, I lost my 80% win rate 🙁

Message 3 of 12 (2,683 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @invi7,

Can you try these steps please http://bit.ly/IOS_TS and let me know if the error persists?
EACade
Message 4 of 12 (2,671 Views)

★ Apprentice

Absolutely ridiculous about Poor network connection. I have a 1000/mbps fiber directly into my home and the latest Netgear Nighthawk router with my IPad Pro 2 ~ 3 meters away from it. The game is reporting poor network causing me to lose big time. Restart everything including router, iPad and the game. Tested network speed with net analyzer with no problems and the game is still giving me the same poor network causing me to lose again, Did the came troubleshoot cycle over the last hours several times and it is STILL the same. Conclusion : Game is unplayable, developer had killed the servers and NOT supporting the Stay at home play! 

Message 5 of 12 (2,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@FrontierWarrior8 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous about Poor network connection. I have a 1000/mbps fiber directly into my home and the latest Netgear Nighthawk router with my IPad Pro 2 ~ 3 meters away from it. The game is reporting poor network causing me to lose big time. Restart everything including router, iPad and the game. Tested network speed with net analyzer with no problems

What you might not know is: This game does not need high speed, as in lots of bandwidth. Quite the opposite even. But what it does need is a very low latency. That is, if the "ping time" between your end device and the server is too high, you will have problems with the connection. I noticed this extremely when I replaced my old, crappy Wifi router with a new expensive one. The connection problems are happening very seldomly to me now, when before they happened rather often. So it was definitely the router on my end that was causing a lot of the problems.

If you can, try to play the game on mobile data instead (4G). Usually the latency issues do not happen then. Your local Wifi might be disturbed by your neighbor's Wifi, for example. You could also try to switch to a different frequency/channel on your router and see if that helps.

Message 6 of 12 (2,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, no fun To play anylonger, many players ive been talking with say they gonna stop playing if you dont fix the problem

Message 7 of 12 (2,335 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Constant poor network lag in game and I have lost so many games. This is ridiculous. Had been happening for the past 3 days. Unplayable and very frustrating. 

Message 8 of 12 (2,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@spykarblitz wrote:

Constant poor network lag in game and I have lost so many games. This is ridiculous. Had been happening for the past 3 days. Unplayable and very frustrating. 

Are you playing over WifFi, or over mobile data?

If you play over WiFi and have a crappy connection, the problem might be your router. This was the case for me. I bought a very good router with very good reviews (FritzBox 7590), and ever since then the previously existing lag problems are gone.

If you play over mobile data, make sure that your device shows that you have a 4G connection. With the H+ smybol showing for the mobile data connection it can still work, but with E you can simply forget about it.

Message 9 of 12 (2,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Cade Im having this issue 2-3month ago.. & gettin worse last season (nov2020) new season today still happening..🤦
Message 10 of 12 (1,965 Views)