Re: Playing apex on a 4k monitor in 1440p won't go fullscreen

by Chromosome420

Original Post

Playing apex on a 4k monitor in 1440p won't go fullscreen

★★★ Novice

Alright, so first of all I apologize for any miscommunications, since English is not my 1st language.

Here's the problem I'm facing. I have a 4k monitor and a GTX980ti. Sadly my trusty old boyye cannot handle Apex on 4k, so I had to lower the resolution to 1440p. The game runs great.

Thing is, I have a second monitor which I use for Spotify / Discord. And when I change the Display Mode to either Windowed or Borderless Window, the game will switch to that, except it won't go fullscreen, as shown on my screenshot.

So either I play on a tiny window where I can't really see much, or play on Fullscreen Mode, and not be able to switch at all due to alt tabbing taking forever.

I have tried to contact support but they said it was a problem on my end, and that the native resolution for the game was 1080p, so anything above that would cause issues. Also, they suggested I take off all other monitors except the one I'm playing on???

Like I said before, the game runs great, and this is not really a big issue, but I do hope of getting this fixed.

Thanks guys!

Message 1 of 6 (3,129 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @Chromosome420, Thanks for the rundown on the issue. Standard smile 

Have you tried reinstalling the GPU drivers? 

Need to try this my self on a bigger monitor. :P 

/Atic 
Message 2 of 6 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey @EA_Atic ,

Tried both reinstalling the old, and installing the new drivers, but it didn't seem to help.

Message 3 of 6 (3,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 4 of 6 (3,053 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have a 4K Dell monitor and play it on 1440p

it always starts in "windowed mode" 

but i can press ALT+ENTER and the game goes fullscreen  

maybe that helps 

Message 5 of 6 (3,035 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah that's the point. I don't want it to go into fullscreen mode. Because that makes alt-tabbing such a drag. The point of me wanting it to stay in windowed borderless, is because I can easily switch between monitors within a second. But thanks for thinking with me Wink

Message 6 of 6 (3,018 Views)