Re: Player observed using shield cells and shooting at the same time

by TheNameIsPeej

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Player observed using shield cells and shooting at the same time

★★ Novice

Hey all,

I've just seen something off in a game of Apex I was just in, there was a Lifeline that was able to use healing items (shield cells/batteries) AND shoot at the same time (which obviously gave them an unfair advantage).

The player in question did this multiple times during our battle, I was wondering if this was a known glitch or if the player was cheating, they were also able to move at full speed whilst doing this too.

It made it a little bit frustrating as every time they were shot only purple numbers would come off them (as they were constantly repairing their shield).

Has anyone else ever come across this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (2,112 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Healing while shooting at the same time

Community Manager

This is now fixed in the Legendary Hunt Patch.

• Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,762 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)
I've today come across my first heath/shield re-gen 'bunny hopper' (which I think is what the kidz call them! Standard smile ) but not any of the other things you've seen.

If you know the username of the player that's doing it i'd suggest reporting them as a suspected cheater using this form:
https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/apexlegends/contact/report/
Message 2 of 8 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

I may be wrong, but I believe this is simply an animation bug. Earlier I was playing with a friend and he said I was stuck using the shield battery/cell animation when I wasn't actually using one.

Message 3 of 8 (2,058 Views)

Healing while shooting at the same time

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1050 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 4 GB VRam
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Lucifrmornignstr
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. the riverbed by artilary near bunker
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. fighting two different squads
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? i played 3 matches before i ran into someone doing this
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Other players are able to heal while shooting at the same time making it multiple times harder to fight
What should be happening instead? not being able to shoot and recharge sheilds at the same time
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? there are just players running around with shield batteries with guns sticking out of them shooting players

while playing i came across two different squads that were able to use shield batteries and healing items while shooting at the same time, making it much harder to fight them off. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,904 Views)

Community Manager

This is now fixed in the Legendary Hunt Patch.

• Fixed an issue where shield cells and shield batteries would sometimes appear to be permanently stuck to the player.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (1,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just saw it in my game as well. It isn't fixed.

Message 6 of 8 (1,557 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can confirm. This bug was reintroduced with Season 3.

Message 7 of 8 (1,498 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up. This was previously fixed but with new updates it's possible bugs can re-emerge. We'll flag this down to the team. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,483 Views)