Re: Player career mode CAM can’t win player of the year

by BNAmaru523

Original Post

Player career mode CAM can’t win player of the year

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I’m currently 28 and 95 rated and have had more than a goal a game for multiple seasons and with nearly an assist a game. Yet I haven’t even been nominated for the player of the year let alone win the award so I can never get the achievements that come with it. It’s never been like this on other previous FIFA’s. Can I have this looked in to please.

Message 1 of 14 (30,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Fifa 20 player career is beyond saving man. They just don't care at all. I'm even experiencing a lot of scripting which is just stupid for a single player game mode to have . What are they even getting out of that?

Message 2 of 14 (29,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still hasn’t been fixed.

Message 3 of 14 (29,703 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me, I won all trophies in the last season with MUTD, both top scorer and assists leaders in premier league and champion league, I also won world cup with England, but I didn't even get into the shortlist, not to say win the player of the year. Instead my teammate won it, with less score, less assists, lower performance rating. What I accomplished is only the team of the year. That's just * and so unfair.

Message 4 of 14 (29,144 Views)

★★ Novice

yes, this is a complete bug , fifa is getting worse in every version , no real progress and the amount of bugs are increasing every version , look at fifa 20 , it is disgrace for humanity ,  and disgrace to human mind !! ,, lot and lot of bugs in gameplay and in career player and in the game save as well ,,, it is total shame on fifa , the player career mode is almost the same in fifa 14,15,16,17,17,18,19,20 and the bugs are increasing every year . no real development , they only make the graphics better , get the new looking for the players like harecut , tatoo ,, thats it , ,, i am tired from fifa and EA bugs and problems and the support is disgusting from the chat ..

i say try pes , it is time to give it a chance , may be they can do what fifa can't do .. i could be wrong or right ,, but at least we give pes a chance , i already tried fifa from 14 version till 20 ,, no real change except the bugs are increasing . enough fifa for me .

Message 5 of 14 (28,009 Views)

★ Novice
@akolisakeazor In fifa 20 only fowards can win POTY, The YouTuber Jose Manu did an experiment with Courtois and Ramos making them both top scores of everything and none of them got nominated
Message 6 of 14 (27,421 Views)

★★ Novice
@DJDJSQUA What about CAMs can they win as well?
Message 7 of 14 (26,313 Views)

★★ Novice

The yearly awards in this game make zero sense.  In my first career I broke the Serie A scoring record, led Serie A in assists, led Udinese to the league title, then went off to BVB and by the end of the calendar year I was on pace to break the Bundesliga scoring record too, which I ended up doing. Also scored a ton of goals for the USMNT, and I couldn't even sniff any type of yearly award. Didn't win the Serie A POY, wasn't even mentioned for Ballon d'or, didn't make the UEFA best XI, wasn't mentioned as one of the FWD's to watch, nothing.

Second career, in my first year with Exeter City, as a 16 year old I led League Two in Goals (36) and Assists (41), won Player of the Month 3 times, was on the League Two best XI, but still didn't win Player of the Year. The guy who won didn't even make the best XI.  Then the next year I wasn't mentioned as one of the young guns to watch even though I just lit up League 2. Stuff like that is really cool, but if we have no chance at it, it just makes it  another annoying part of the game.

Message 8 of 14 (26,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Still the same in FIFA 21. My CAM achieved almost 50 assists (not counting a whole bunch that don't end up in your stats because of the bug that forgets they occurred if you get subbed off), plus almost 60 goals (smashing the league record in the process) in the season, is rated 96 and closing in on 97, and the team won absolutely everything on offer. In addition he won 7 Player Of The Month awards multiple years in a row, but still doesn't win Player Of The Year.

He's also achieved 394 of the 398 achievements that the game will allow him to achieve (barring very rare circumstances like I saw in the game a few years ago, i.e. being subbed on as a defender because the manager had gone crazy and sold most of the defenders), and that only reaches 97% CAM progress, so 97% or 98% seems to be the maximum achievable.

In addition the ooooooold bugs that completing some of the achievements (e.g. for crossing) don't improve the stat they say they do, amongst other bugs, are still there. Another doozy is being a 99-rated penalty taker who takes all the team's in-game penalties and converts nearly 90% - but being 7th or sometimes 8th in the list when there is a penalty shootout (and half the time the rest of the team converts something like 2 or 3 out of those 7 attempts). These bugs have been around for YEARS.

I think EA treat Career Mode players with contempt and has done for a long time. I would love them to change my mind.

Message 9 of 14 (23,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im not sure if its impossible to win poty but id imagine that being in a good team(not prem leauge) like psg, barcelona, real madrid, bayern munich etc. as well as most good players retiring would help you win the award

Message 10 of 14 (22,394 Views)