Player balancing in Apex Legends

by DrRobotGuy

Original Post

Re: Player balancing in Apex Legends

★ Pro
btw i dont know if you have been matched with players with 2k-8k kills in the game.. Its not a fun experience tbh.. Even if you are the jumpmaster they leave the drop go to a complete different area get downed and start bashing you on the chat for not reviving them..
Message 11 of 24 (1,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

Look, there is no point asking for skill based matchmaking. 

Pros for not having it. 

Twitch streamers look like god's at the game. 

Twitch streamers bring in an ordinance. 

- This is why EA pays 6 figure numbers to streamers.

Twitch streamers will be matched against other skilled players make there streams boring and making them look bad at the game.

Also cost £££ to implement skill based matchmaking.

Basically, this game type is not for casual gamers. 

I have stopped playing apex because of this. However, there are loads of games to explore. 

😃

Message 12 of 24 (1,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about having both options? I mean, you could choose between "ranking match" or "legend match". The first one is well level balance players and the second the current situation. In some games like street fighter V, you have ranking match and you are matched with similar level players.

Message 13 of 24 (1,753 Views)

★ Novice

Definitely, that is why I stopped playing as well. Yes, I know I am not one of the top players, I am causal. I know that also, you can improve yourself against better players, but BR is not that game type. You getting annoyed and disappointed fast when you need to continuously push the match making button after some minutes when the match started. I have also seen Twitchers during play, especially when they were with 2 other Twitcher not with randoms, and after 10-15 rounds its getting bored, because they won 90% of rounds. There was a "championship" at the beginning, where Twichers competed with each other and I taught: finally I can see professionals against each other, but no they are played with normal matchmaking and with normal players, only their won rounds and kills have counted. It was freaking boring when they did speed runs and killed almost every other players on the map. This game highly need a skill based match making system.     

Message 14 of 24 (1,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah well not everyone has a friend like you.

And more often than not, since the squad is only 3 ppl, those 2 other people would actually be my friends.

I used to play league and on their normal game it was so bad back then that bronze players get matched with diamond ranks.

They fixed that by matching your rank and kills with people with around your skill level.

Wish they implement something like this because a lot of casual players like me who only have so little time for this game to play because of work and other responsibilities.

Nothing worse than finishing a 3v3 fight with someone your skill level, winning by a hair's breadth, then getting stomped super hard by another team with 5000 kills on their belt.

I get that it is a BR but if they only want people who have a lot of time to keep playing this game, eventually it will just die out since the more casual people like me will just look for another game.

Pretty sure there's more casual players playing than people who can spend 10-15 hours just playing games.

Me and my friends are actually almost on the point of quitting. We spend more time choosing characters than playing the actual game.

If there are no room for casuals like us in this game, then I guess we can just wait for the "next big thing" and hope for the best.

Message 15 of 24 (1,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well im having the oppisite problem im about level 28 but ever sense i reaced level 15 i ben fighting level 60 to 120 i havent seen 1 person today about the same level as me and ben playing for like 6 hours can someone pls explain to me wtf is going on its just super * sad that from level 1 to 15 i got like 20 or 30 kills and 3 victorys one being elite but from that to level 28. i got like 4 and one victory

Message 16 of 24 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but from that point off i havent had 1 

Message 17 of 24 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Then queue up Ranked mode and play people who are equally bad. Normal matches are supposed to be casual

Message 18 of 24 (1,590 Views)

★ Guide

My level is currently 35 but game give me opponent player high level.

Message 19 of 24 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel you man just look at the attachment to this reply. Also I had a friend I was playing with earlier that got wiped out by a guy with a freaking pistol of all things only twenty seconds into the game and neither had shields yet. My friend had a shotgun and shot the guy twice and he didn’t die but my friend gets shot by a pistol and is dead on the third shot. You would think a basic shotgun would do more damage than a basic pistol but not. What they need to fix with Apex is the MM system and the fact that logically speaking some weapons should be doing a hell of lot more damage than other like the shotgun doing more than a basic pistol

Message 20 of 24 (1,390 Views)