Re: Platoon tag not updating

by kristalshards

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Platoon tag not updating

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, yesterday I've left a platoon in order to join another one so before I applied for the new one, I left the old one. However, I went and joined a server and the old platoon tag still showed up. I thought a reboot might help so I restarted the game but it's still showing up.

Is there any possibility that you take a look into this? It's affecting my BF1 experience quite much to be fair.

Message 1 of 37 (4,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Clan tag bug

EA DICE Team
Hello everyone!

We done an update in the back-end could you try and see if you emblem is working now in game and switching platoon. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 31 of 37 (4,678 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @kristalshards

This is a known issue.

If you have Battlefield V, have you tried representing the new Platoon there, or stop representing the old one?

It's supposed to work in the Battlefield 1 Platoon Menu as well, but currently this isn't the case at the moment.

Hopefully this should be resolved soon.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello. Unfortunately I do not own BF5 so this solution is not possible for me.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 37 (4,273 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @kristalshards

Hopefully there will be more information on this soon.

I still have not heard anything back about when this will be fixed in Battlefield 1.

- iluminate

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well the word must reach DICE because it's not a small crop of players affected by this issue. Some people care more than others of course, but we should be able to enjoy the game on its fullc capabilities.

Message 5 of 37 (4,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, joined a platoon yesterday and I have no tag at all.  I think its somwhat important to represent the team you play for, and our clan has two popular servers as well.

Message 6 of 37 (4,182 Views)

Clan tag bug

★ Novice
Hello,

I would like to report a bug.  So 2 weeks ago I joined a new platoon called BNNS.  My old platoon was called NT7.  When I joined the new platoon I hit represent the platoon.  Everything changed to BNNS for me EXCEPT for the ingame clantag.  The ingame clantag remained NT7.  This is definitely a bug in the game.  Can you guys fix it please?  Here is a picture below  to show you what I see ingame.  My username is NTTGermania.

Message 7 of 37 (4,179 Views)

Re: Clan tag bug

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah this is what happened to me aswell and I believe the rest of the people.

This has to be fixed, I understand that BF1 doesn't have as much support as it had back in the days but it used to work and now it doesn't so it's really not acceptable.

Message 8 of 37 (4,139 Views)

Platoon tags not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

One of the moderators merged this issue with the emblems topic while this has nothing to do with emblems. Most players don't care about emblems anymore since it was broken over a year ago. We have 5 members in the last month who are not able to represent the clan in-game with the tag in front of their name. 

You didn't want to build an actual new game and are reusing the tools you created for BF1. I get that. It saves money. But it's unacceptable that more features in BF1 get broken only to get it working in BFV. Keep in mind that many platoons are still paying lots of money every month for their severs.

If you can brake it in a day, you should be able to fix it in a month. Give us back the platoon tags please. Please.... 

And please don't merge this topic again and give it the attention it deserves. 

Message 9 of 37 (4,433 Views)

Re: Platoon tags not working

★★★★★ Novice

This affects all platoons. Not a problem for one or two platoons.
Anybody trying to represent a new platoon after leaving another or switching tags between different platoons cannot do that any more.
Use the same efforts to fix the problem instead of keeping the support forums tidy and cozy.

Message 10 of 37 (4,383 Views)