by Jabberwocky79

Original Post

Platinum blue underglow and Tiresmoke bugged

★★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Payback
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Platnium Blue Underglow & Tiresmoke bugged
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? djbearrrr
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know. As far as i know its only appearing like this on my game
What happens when the bug occurs? The Platinum blue underglow and Smoke appear multipule times in the vanity items section and both items have a white appearance instead of a distinct blue appearance shown in the advertisments.
What do you expect to see? Platinum blue Tiresmoke and Underglow that is actually blue
Please select your region Australia
Were you connected to other players when the bug occurred? No

Hello all.

The Platinum blue underglow and Tiresmoke from the pre order bonus is bugged out in my game. The car pack appeared fine in my game but as you can see in the linked screenshots the Underglow and Tiresmoke both:

Appear multipule times
Arent actually blue. The Underglow is white and the tiresmoke colour does not show at all.

I have tried reinstalling the DLC already and this did not solve this issue.

Message 1 of 9 (4,093 Views)

Re: Platinum blue underglow and Tiresmoke bugged

★★★★★ Guide

Tiresmoke does not show up in garage you have to actually test it outside.

however i do agree that the neon/underglow is not blue enough

Message 2 of 9 (3,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have tested it outside and can confirm it does not appear blue at all. 

Message 3 of 9 (3,888 Views)

★★ Novice

Is your issue solve. I have same issue.

Message 4 of 9 (3,741 Views)

★ Guide

even worse platin blue nos looks exactly like normal blue nos, at least i don't see any difference.

and while paltin blue is mostly a white-greyish blue i don't know if they can make it look that precisely like that, or it looks like it is because of limited possibilities.

but that doesnt explain why paltin nos looks exactly like the deep dark blue nos

Message 5 of 9 (3,730 Views)

★★★ Guide
In reply to several different comments above:

I'm not trying to be a smart*** but you guys do know what "Platinum" colored-something is, right? Platinum is basically silver, or silvery-white. So if something is "Platinum Blue" then it's basically silvery-white with a tinge of blue added. That is exactly what you see on the neon underglow. Your game isn't bugged, you may just be expecting something different than what the name accurately indicates.

As for the NOS color and tire smoke, I can't comment on,... I don't think I've installed either option on a car yet.

The reason you may see several entries of the color in a vanity item is so you can install that option on more than one car at a time. It's not a bug.
Message 6 of 9 (3,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the snarky reply bud.

You see i did something you did not do.

An actual comparison

compare what EA themselves showed here: https://twitter.com/needforspeed/status/890583824249126914

To my picture.

Thanks for your valuable input.

Message 7 of 9 (3,492 Views)

★★★ Guide

I actually wish I could replicate this bug on PC.

Message 8 of 9 (3,470 Views)

★★★ Guide

@djbearrrr wrote:

Thanks for the snarky reply bud.

You see i did something you did not do.

An actual comparison

compare what EA themselves showed here: https://twitter.com/needforspeed/status/890583824249126914

To my picture.

Thanks for your valuable input.

I wasn't trying to be snarky, I was genuinely trying to help you understand that it isn't a bug. But telling someone they are incorrect gives the appearance of being snarky, which is why I offered a disclaimer. Now I am snarky, because you chose to go that route.

That picture was released before the game. They made changes evidently. Platinum blue is a lame color to base your marketing around, so if I were them I would've made the picture the same way. Again.... they have BLUE underglow in the game. If you want bright BLUE no matter what then pick BLUE.  The blue you see in your picture there IS IN THE GAME. There's no point in putting two identical colors in the game and calling them by different names, so obviously PLATINUM BLUE should be a different color. Lo and behold! IT IS

Message 9 of 9 (3,273 Views)