Plants vs zombies GW2 Xbox one

by bthang39

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants vs zombies GW2 Xbox one

★★★ Newbie
Bought garden warfare 2 for Xbox one and my kids can't even play the game. It's saying can not connect to ea server. What's going on? Do I just return the game or does the game need an update or what??
Message 1 of 16 (25,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs zombies GW2 Xbox one

Community Manager (retired)

Power cycle is like rebooting, but it clears the cache and forces you onto new servers

Power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (32,734 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@bthang39

Do you get a specific error message?

Meanwhile, please have a look at our dedicated Plants vs Zombies connection troubleshooting article.

Please also make sure that you allow online gameplay via the Privacy & Online Safety menu on your console.

Message 2 of 16 (25,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The troubleshooting page does not show my question. I'm just curious as to why every other single game I have works fine and has worked fine from the first day. Why would this game make me have to do "special" things to make it work. I would like to know exactly what I need to do. The error message states that the ea server is not connected. I have re added my wifi information at least 5 times and that does nothing. I have tried everything on my end and to not be able to play a game that I bought for my kids on Thursday is ridiculous. Why is this game even being sold if it doesn't work???
Message 3 of 16 (25,819 Views)

EA DICE Team

@bthang39

With the information you've provided me it is hard to pinpoint why the game isn't working. Here are some of the usual causes:

• Wireless connection is unable to connect. Solution to this would be to use a wired connection or to power cycle the console and router
  • No Xbox Live Gold. You need an Xbox Live Gold subscription for multiplayer functions of Plants vs Zombies
  • Privacy Settings are set to limited. Solution to this would be to allow online game play access in your console settings
  • Your network is blocking access to the PvZ servers. Solution for this would be to open the respective ports on your router

If you need help with any of these steps then you can always reach out to your internet provider.

Message 4 of 16 (25,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Unable to connect to EA servers at this time. Please check your network connection and try again later.

That's the error message. Now what?
Message 5 of 16 (25,812 Views)

You have xbox live gold? An internet connection?

Did you power cycle the console?

Is the account you are using a child account?

Message 6 of 16 (25,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie
All are yes except the child account. It's in my name and I am 36. What is power cycle? Is that restart? Because I did that several times
Message 7 of 16 (25,801 Views)

Power cycle is like rebooting, but it clears the cache and forces you onto new servers

Power cycle your console. Here’s how:
On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.
After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.
Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.

Message 8 of 16 (32,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did the reboot and nothing. Same error message. Can somebody call me about this issue. I'm now trying to go into settings and nothing will allow me to update. My daughter is saying it won't let her play online either now at all. What a hassle
Message 9 of 16 (25,788 Views)

@bthang39 - if you'd like to speak with someone you would need to contact one of our game advisers through this link

Before you do though, have you tried any troubleshooting except for rebooting your console? This is our basic connection troubleshooting guide.

I would also recommend that you have the correct ports open in order to access the game. These can be found on this page.

Thanks,

- Andy -

Message 10 of 16 (25,765 Views)