Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Sprucing up the sticker shop

by OreoOscar200

Original Post

Highlighted

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Sprucing up the sticker shop

★★ Novice

I was playing online (10/1/2017 circa. 10 pm -1 am Eastern Time) and a notification had been sent to the Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 mailbox entitled "Sprucing up the sticker shop."

It seems that the developers had attempted to streamline the sticker packs which included the phenomenal character pack. By the time that this had occurred, I had already acquired all of the characters that had been available within the phenomenal character packs so it had disappeared from my sticker shop.  Well, now its back with the promise that it would contain Breakfast Brainz, Toxic Citron, Nec'Rose, and Captain Squawk.

Given that I did not have any of those characters, I figured that I would jump on the opportunity and "bought" a couple of packs.  Much to my dismay, all that had been awarded were (5) items of the basic garb such as hats, weapon skins, gestures, etc. which had been typically found in the Zany Zombopolis & Fertilizer Fun Packs yet no Breakfast Brainz, Toxic Citron, Nec'Rose, nor Captain Squawk.

What was unusual was that this sticker pack had always claimed "...choose this pack and you are guaranteed to get enough stickers to unlock a Rare or Super Rare character" as it did once again on 10/1/2017.  Why is it containing non-character items??  The pay-off --> What used to "cost" 35,000 coins to get in the Zany Zombopolis & Fertilizer Fun Packs now "costs" 75,000 coins in the new and improved phenomenal character packs. [insert your own sarcastic quip here]

Has anyone else experienced this?

Have the developers caught this mistake now, 24-hours later, and fixed it already?

Should I continue to "buy" phenomenal character packs hoping to actually get Breakfast Brainz, Toxic Cirton, Nec'Rose, or Captain Squawk?

What say you, the mighty developers???

Message 1 of 3 (701 Views)

Re: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Sprucing up the sticker shop

★★ Novice
The issue has been resolved as of 10/4/2017...
Message 2 of 3 (639 Views)

Re: Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 - Sprucing up the sticker shop

@OreOopsscar200 wrote:
The issue has been resolved as of 10/4/2017...

My theory was that there was still RNG involved with getting the newer characters and that otherwise one got consumables and customizations, but I hope you're right.

Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)