Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

by budkin

Original Post

Re: Plants vs Zombies GW2 load times on Series X have dramatically increased

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@imdtarget 

I haven't done this yet on a Series X, but it wasn't that bad on an Xbox One. I believe you can reset without having to lose a lot of settings or installed apps. Would you be able to give this a shot? It's a pretty odd issue and I'm running out of ideas here. You could also try contacting an advisor to see if they have any suggestions. If you want to do that, try contacting @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor.

You can contact EA Help via the EA Help website. Detailed instructions on how to use the EA Help service can be found here.

Aljo.png
Message 21 of 83 (2,063 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I would imagine that a reset would (at least temporarily) fix the problem, but without knowing why it happened the first time, it's very possible that two weeks from now it will be doing it again.  This is the only game, out of the 25 I have installed, that is giving this problem.  

Frankly, I don't want to do that reset.  It says I can keep my installed apps & games, but I'd lose everything else.  If it becomes more of an issue, then maybe I'll tackle it then.  Atm, it's just an irritation.

Thanks for trying to fix this for me.  

Message 22 of 83 (2,056 Views)

Community Manager

@imdtarget 

I haven't lost any data so far with doing factory resets. I have had to apply some settings again though. Regardless, if I hear of any other possible resolutions for this, I'll update this thread. 

Aljo.png
Message 23 of 83 (2,044 Views)

★★ Guide

THANKS @EA_Aljo for getting back to me. I am using the original GW2 DVD on XBox X's DVD drive 
Message 24 of 83 (2,026 Views)

Community Manager

@PerniciousPea 

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find a resolution to this. It would be good to see if factory resetting your console will resolve this. If you don't mind trying that, let me know what happens. Otherwise, at this time, we're not aware of a way to return the load times to what they originally were.

Aljo.png
Message 25 of 83 (2,019 Views)

★★ Guide
Again thanks @EA_Aljo. To be honest I think I'll live with it, as factory re-setting my XBox will cause bit of a pain in having to reload everything (games, settings, and what have you). I can live with a 4 minute wait. As long as I can play the game, that's the main thing. 

Message 26 of 83 (1,990 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PerniciousPea That's where we ended up with it. We just got used to the load time for that specific game. Not ideal, but whatever.
Message 27 of 83 (1,983 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I have the game installed internally but also have an external drive connected. As soon as I get a chance I'll try running it with the drive removed.
Message 28 of 83 (1,982 Views)

★ Guide

When was FPS boost added to this game? I ask this in this topic because I am wondering if the Series X software enhancements are causing this.  I am experiencing the load time increase as well.

Message 29 of 83 (1,946 Views)

Community Manager

@PerniciousPea 

Sorry for the frustration with this. If you change your mind, let me know. You don't have to completely reinstall everything. I've done a factory reset of my Xbox One quite a few times and I'm always up and running again quickly. Definitely understand the hesitation though.

Aljo.png
Message 30 of 83 (1,928 Views)