Re: Placing kitchen objects? (Eg. Mixer, coffee pot)

by beverlydeq

Original Post

Placing kitchen objects? (Eg. Mixer, coffee pot)

★ Novice
I am trying to purchase and place a kitchen mixer and/or a coffee, but I can't find anywhere to place them that is acceptable to the game. They won't go on countertops, tables, or even the floor. What's happening? Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 11 (6,946 Views)

The game should show you blue places where you can place them. If it doesn't could you share a screenshot what you're seeing when you're trying to place the items?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (6,922 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi i just recently facing this problem. And this is wht she means

You see though the counter is empty theres no bue signs
Message 3 of 11 (6,880 Views)

@beverlydeq I'm wondering if those counters are facing the right way, could you see where the footprints are or even try turning them around?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 11 (6,846 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes it is facing the right direction as you can see here. But then i just noticed that its the counter near the stove (the one with 2 chickens) that wouldnt place the coffee maker. It was previously placed at the location where the coffee maker is now.

So what i did is, i placed the coffee maker on the counter and then swapped their position. And even until now that particular counter still woudnt placed any kitchenware 😅

I also noticed that only sage counter faced this problem in my case. All other counters of different types are fine.
Message 5 of 11 (6,836 Views)

That is really weird, could you open a new post in the bug forum for this?

You can find the bug forum over here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

The bug forum has a small list with questions which might just help solving the problem! 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 11 (6,824 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I thought I was the only one. I was remodeling my kitchen and when I tried to place the mixer back, it wouldn't go on any of my counters. Eventually it did, but it was still kind of weird.
Message 7 of 11 (6,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is an issue that has plagued me as well there is no real good answer to it the coffee pot does not sit on any counter surface that I have found the mixer and the microwave and possibly one or two other items that I can’t think of at the moment will only sit on one particular counter making it hard to design the space the way 1 might want and sometimes actually even an eyesore.  Obviously my frustration with the design flaws and in ability to create a space that I find visually appealing is not as frustrating as trying to buy a kitchen items that only will stay on the floor but It would be  Great if it update in the future solved both problems.  

On a different path semi-related note those two chocolate chip cookie dishes, which for an extremely long time I also was only able to place on the floor, and literally two days ago  after trying for a month I was finally able to get them onto a counter surface, Or items which must stay in one’s home I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has information as to why that is and what these items may mean if anything.  

Message 8 of 11 (6,748 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
update: the items still cant be placed on others counters if i try to move them so i dont even dare to try 😂

Anyway, now my sims wont even be able to perform kitchen tasks on empty counters in the kitchen. Instead, they choose to perform kitchen tasks on the counters in the toilet which is full of items btw such as towels, handsoap, and vases lol. They even choose to walk all the way to the toilet sink to wash dishes instead of using the 2 sinks in the kitchen 😂😂
Message 9 of 11 (6,742 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@momneedsjuice The mixer and coffee maker only sit on the two door cabinets. The "End" cabinets that only have one door only hold small items. It drove me crazy too until I figured it out. Hope that helps! ☺

Message 10 of 11 (6,699 Views)