Pixelation on Trees

by Mistermovieman

Original Post

Re: Pixelation on Trees

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In the FAQ, it says that an "Swtar Wars: The Old Republic requires a video card that has a minimum of 25MB of on-board RAM as well as support for Shader 3.0 or better." It lists an Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics Card or better as an an example of a good video card. But I have an intel 4600, so how do I not have the right amount of dedicated memor? Anyway, I will try what you suggested soon.

Message 11 of 25 (973 Views)

@Mistermovieman

Intel are like a claytons video card , they use system memory mostly for video memory and in your case only has 112Mb instead of 256Mb of onboard video memory dedicated.

Can you also try using the video driver at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81496/Intel-HD-Graphics-4600

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 12 of 25 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What do you mean "clayton's?"

Message 13 of 25 (962 Views)

@Mistermovieman

They are an integrated video card using system memory and are considered inferior to performance cards by most enthusiasts but they are very common in laptops, although a lot of laptops now come with both the intel and either a Nvidia or AMD card so they essentialy have what is called integrated and discrete cards in the one system.

Benchmark here gives an example of the performance of a integrated card - https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+4600

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 14 of 25 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@proxos666 This is the exact issue I just started having, changing compatibility mode didn't fix it for the 3 exe's I was instructed to set, though that did fix my texture flickering, which annoyed me. I have exactly 2624 MB Total Video Memory, 576 MB Dedicated Video Memory, 0 System Video Memory, and 2048 MB Shared System Memory.

Message 15 of 25 (858 Views)

@Zinnn33

which 3 exe files did they mention, i usually say 2 exe files and the shortcut per this guide link

The best you can do is ensure that you have the last driver for the intel 4400 at this link

Given the driver updates are only security issues there is likely nil chance of any existing driver bugs being fixed for your video card.

Driver bug is the most obvious cause if it doesn't occur for everyone playing but say does only on intel video cards or nvidia etc 

The only other time driver artifacts can appear usually is if the video card is overheating then it is possble 2 people with the same hardware one person can have an issue the other doesn't have. 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 16 of 25 (814 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@proxos666 Nope, updating my Driver did not work. It's still there.

Message 17 of 25 (787 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Clearing the DiskArenaCache and the appropriate files from the bitraider folder didn't work, either. It's still pixelated.

Message 18 of 25 (734 Views)

@Zinnn33

I think this is driver related, given that card model is no longer supported apart from security updates, changing video cards is likely the only thing that will affect what you are seeing, if no ingame setting helps.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 19 of 25 (719 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well, I hate that. I don't have any money to go out and buy a video card, I'll toy with the settings some I guess.

Message 20 of 25 (700 Views)