Ping spikes

by FranzoFerdinando

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ping spikes

★★ Novice

Every time when i play Apex legends i'm facing huge ping spikes from 30 ms to 800 ms for few seconds then it settle down back to 30 ms and again approximately after 10-30 seconds it happens again...I can't really play with these ping spikes. All my other games running with no problems. If anyone have some ideas how to fix it i would be really glad.

Message 1 of 11 (771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ping spikes

Community Manager

@FranzoFerdinando 

You're getting very high ping times once the data hits the second hop. That's the node in your neighborhood. This is well before our servers and would be an issue with your ISP. You could try alternate DNS settings with the steps here. Also, you could open the ports for FIFA. They are listed here. If these don't help, try contacting your ISP to see if they are noticing any issues.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (695 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @FranzoFerdinando.

Let's see if we can find out why you're experiencing these ping spikes. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system are you playing on? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 11 (744 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello EA_Aljo!

I'm using wired connection and my system is Windows 10 latest version.

Message 3 of 11 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Aljo wrote:

Hi there, @FranzoFerdinando.

Let's see if we can find out why you're experiencing these ping spikes. Are you on a wired or wireless connection? Also, what system are you playing on? Thanks!

Can you pull a dxdiag from the apex servers so we can have a look at it ! 

Message 4 of 11 (699 Views)

Community Manager

@FranzoFerdinando 

I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem and router. Also, shut down your PC. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Start up your PC and try playing again. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 11 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

It didn't work, still the same.

Message 6 of 11 (673 Views)

Community Manager

@FranzoFerdinando 

Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot the results? Instructions are here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic.

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 11 (661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ofcourse, here are my results

Message 8 of 11 (644 Views)

Community Manager

@FranzoFerdinando 

Can you run the test 2 more times? You have very different results in each of those tests. The first one looks like it was run over a wireless connection. The second one looks like it might be wired, but is still showing a somewhat high worst ping time for a wired connection to the router and you have some packet loss. This test needs to be run on the same wired connection you play on to be accurate.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 11 (623 Views)

★★ Novice

Those two test were made in different time... that's my bad, but both tests ran on wired connection. Here are another two test.

Message 10 of 11 (615 Views)