Ping spikes on Xbox since last update

by MasterGuy5783

Original Post

Ping spikes on Xbox since last update

★★ Novice

Since the last Genesis event update, I can barely play the game. In game my ping will randomly spike every few seconds. It will go from the normal 30ms to 200 or 300ms. And when playing my ping will just fluctuate all the time to different ms. With the added ping fluctuations, when I’m about to shoot somebody or in a fight my screen will freeze for a few seconds so I basically can’t kill anybody. I will start to shoot and then my screen will freeze and then it will reappear but by that time I’m dead. This has caused me to not be able to play the game. Again this has started up since the new update. On update day, the lag was really bad but I think everyone was experiencing that, but after a few days it just still was laggy for me and fast forward to what I’m experiencing now. I’ve changed nothing, no router change, no new console, nothing. And it’s not a WiFi problem because it works fine on my other devices and other games work fine as well. Also I’ve tried

switching data centers and that has had no effect. 

@EA_Aljo @EA_Kent @EA_Atic 

Message 1 of 6 (1,035 Views)

Re: Ping spikes on Xbox since last update

Community Manager

Hi there, @MasterGuy5783.

As a test, can you try using a wire instead of wireless and see if there's a difference?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 6 (990 Views)

Re: Ping spikes on Xbox since last update

★★★★★ Novice

Pls it happen to me as well, I'm on pc it's unplayable. It's only APEX other games were perfectly fine

Message 3 of 6 (968 Views)

Singapore Server Lag, Rubberband, Ping spike after Genesis update

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing on the Singapore server ever since and it has been fine but after the latest Genesis update, the server has been lagging like mad. 

Days before patch: 30-80 ping.

Below are the situations I encountered after the update. 

- 150-300 ping

- rubberbanding

- ping can spike up to 1900

- and sometimes lead to disconnects 

- 60-80 ping

- 8-20 loss

- rubberbanding

- glitch around (teleporting)

- ping spike still happens

- 60-80 ping

- rubberbanding

- ping spike

- character sway around even not moving

I wasn't the only one, I have asked a few friends who played on the server, they are experiencing the same thing lately. Everyone is so frustrated and slowly backing off from playing the game as we can't play arena and ranked as we might get dc or losing the fight due to the lag. 

Please check your servers or something. 

Message 4 of 6 (991 Views)

Re: Singapore Server Lag, Rubberband, Ping spike after Genesis update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

10 min ping apex legend.jpg
Here's a 10 min ping of Singapore Server.

Message 5 of 6 (984 Views)

high ping and game lag after update

★ Novice

I am literally getting 5-20 fps after update with around 300 ping, my connection is perfect still it's happening, tried reinstalling but it didn't worked. I tried to matchmake and enter though but it got crashed, but after 3-5 mins i join that match again automatically PLEASE TELL THE SOLUTION, IT IS HAPPENING AFTER UPDATE, NOW I AM LOSING INTEREST IN IT SO YEAH PLEASE FIX IT FAST.

Message 6 of 6 (961 Views)