Re: Ping spikes

by D4RKENX

Original Post

Ping spike/lag season 14

★★★ Newbie

HI there, since the new launch of season 14 my game has been running smooth until yesterday where I started getting ping spikes up to 200ms!! and usually are supposed to be on 42ms! Please fix this ASAP RESPAWN! This is on the oceania servers thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (1,192 Views)

Re: Ping spike/lag season 14

Champion

Hey there @mrblissza 

Are you using WiFi or Ethernet to connect to your games?

WiFi can be extremely unstable due to interference from other wireless devices, thus possibly increasing the ping.

It's recommended to be playing on Ethernet to make sure this isn't caused by that.

Could you also tell me what datacenter you were playing on?

It's possible that exact datacenter is having some issues, switching the datacenter might resolve this issue.

(When in a match, do you see any red icons in the top right, if so, could you tell me which one it is?)

Issues on a list fixed.pngzcoitblhvk331.png

Message 2 of 5 (1,169 Views)

Ping spikes

★★ Novice

Since the better part of S14 i have the worst ping spike issues. My ping usually is around 23 to 30 MS but suddenly jumps up to 60/70 for no reason at all. It cannot be my Internet nor can it be my choice of Data server. This makes Apex Impossible to play for me right now.

Speedtest results: 

Speedtest done on Ookla

Things i have tried to try and fix it:

• Reinstalled Apex Legends
  • Changed Graphic settings
  • Changed Data Server
  • Reset Network adapters
  • Reset Firewall
  • Uninstall and reinstalled Network adapter drivers
  • Update windows
  • Talked to my internet provider about possible disturbances. Which there isn't any.

None of them fixed it at all. 

Some important info:

I mainly Play on European Datacenters (Frankfurt 1/2) changing to other European Datacenters did not do anything.

My network adapter is Qualcomm qca9377 Wlan Wifi (802.11ac) wireless adapter

Graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

I cannot connect my Computer Via LAN cable bc some while ago the port got fried and i have yet to replace it.

It's only Apex, every other game works perfectly fine for me and downloads are also at their usual speed.

Nobody except me and my phone is connected to the internet.

No Advanced Startup options other than -dev which upon removal did not fix my problem at all.

Youtube Video of my issue since the video is too big to upload on here.

Message 3 of 5 (1,129 Views)

Re: Ping spikes

★★★★★ Newbie

In my case its even worse , with games having ping spike out of nowhere , mine jump up to 250+ ping and stay for some time and it would go back to normal some time later . i've checked my internet connection its fine and i have pretty fast and stable internet connection , i've tried everything to fix this ping spike but to no avail 

Message 4 of 5 (1,057 Views)

Re: Ping spike/lag season 14

★★★★★ Newbie

sorry but i have the same problem , i have good internet connection i can guarantee you that but only in apex im having connection issues jumping to 200 ms up and down all the time , im having the latency like speedometer sign when this happen , and i play in the singapore servers 

Message 5 of 5 (1,060 Views)