Re: Ping serious issues. Unplayable.

by Aelexiir

Original Post

Ping serious issues. Unplayable.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

As you can see this my gaming looks like in BFV.

Most of the time 70% of each round have ping jumps for several seconds. Unplayable.

You ask why i did bought the game?

Beta test - not a single ping / stuttering issues.

10Hrs trial just after game release - not a single ping / stuttering issues.

Did all the silly tests. Port forwarding / clean windows play / updating drivers / turned of AV and firewall / onedrive / DNS and guess what? Nothing has changed.

So what has changed after beta? Did i change my software / hardware / ISP? No i did not. Ohh yes i have payed for the game, so its my problem.

PS: Other online games  Anthem / BF1 / other online games runs fine. So my ISP / PC is so weird, that only get issues on BFV?

I have made a test with other ISP and same issue.

MY location is: Poland. Did tests from your guides showed me normal ping on trace.

I wish i could refund this game but i cant. I like it for some amount of fun play. But ping from stable 50 going up to above 5000. Which is silly.

So EA / DICE any advice or just tell me its my fault as its simpler.

Message 1 of 9 (577 Views)

Community Manager

I can't imagine the game being fun when the ping is spiking like that. Have you tried a clean boot and then immediately launched the game to see if it could be a rogue program running in the background causing the ping to spike?

This is how to perform a Clean Boot

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (542 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes i did. I also did full Windows reinstall. Upgraded my PC with another 8 Gb RAM. Changed my SSD to NVMe. Same thing.

Its just frustrating.

You can imagine how it like when all other games runs normal. Apex, BF1. BFV beta was fine, not a single ping issues. Now this Frown
Message 3 of 9 (539 Views)

Message 4 of 9 (528 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all the fixes i have found Standard smile I dont have killer. I have external PCI network card Standard smile I have tried on 2 others cards. Wired connection as well Standard smile

Guess i wont play it.

Message 5 of 9 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The questions below could help identify the problem better and could shed some light or even maybe fix the issue. Just try to do as many as possible, good luck

-Have you tried playing outside of the bizzy primetime hours to see if it is a traffic issue?
-Have you tried resetting modem and NIC to factory defaults, removing the router and disabling WiFi?
-Make sure all network and system hardware remain cool during operation?
-Try to connect to a local BF5 server and check the ping?
-Make sure you have the latest NIC driver, enable gigabit Lan if possible in nic driver settings and modem is connected as described in operating manual, test other cable

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 6 of 9 (495 Views)

★★ Novice
1. Did
2. Did
3. Also did.
4. Tried. Ping, tracing looks clear.
5. Its enabled.
Message 7 of 9 (470 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Aelexiir , did you do a Uo-trace while playing BFV to see if shows any spikes?

/Atic

Message 8 of 9 (428 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly i did. No ping spikes after several tries. I did also windows tracing for EA EU servers.

Whats weird same situation i had on Apex but no on BF1.

Hopefully i will change my ISP to fiber this year. Hope it will change something.

You can imagine how frustrating can be playing with 2000 up to 5000 pings for several seconds, few times in one match.

Message 9 of 9 (424 Views)