Ping or connection problems BFV

by Shady_Maverick

Original Post

Re: Ping or connection problems BFV

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Thanks for that. Standard smile @Shady_Maverick  

Everything looked good there. 

One more test that I can think off while playing when latency warnings come on can you take a screenshot of how your network graph at that moment.

The last question is at the same time a day this happened? 

/Atic 
Message 11 of 20 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It doesn’t matter what time of day I have it in every server, even tried lower player count game modes. It’s on permanently apart from the initial loading/deploy screen at the beginning of rounds. If I can try and catch it I will. 

Message 12 of 20 (856 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It will look pretty much the exact same as the screenshot i posted earlier in the thread. It appears to be caused by the network variation, if its over 10-8 its latency warning if its below that number it doesn’t seem to come on. During games its 10+ the entire time. 

Message 13 of 20 (840 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd similar problems on Xbox - network variation was an issue connecting to the Frankfurt servers yet I'd no issues connecting to the UK servers when they were active. I checked my wires just in case something was up but they were fine. Checked for noise on the line but it was fine too. Turns out my router was outdated plus it had never downloaded a firmware update. My ISP sent their latest router out and my connection to the Frankfurt servers has vastly improved since. I still occasionally get some variation but it's very minor and it's usually caused by someone else in the house usurping the interwebs with Netflix or YouTube and so on. Is your router possibly outdated or does it maybe need a firmware update that it hasn't downloaded automatically?

Message 14 of 20 (796 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ah interesting. I'm leaning towards it being my hardware then anything else. Thanks for the tip. 

Message 15 of 20 (776 Views)

★ Apprentice

Looked at my router, the latest firmware is from 2 years ago but there is no new firmware to download. Even downloaded that from the my routers firmware page and updated it but did nothing. If you’ve had a similar issue I’m leaning towards something between my router or PS4. 

Message 16 of 20 (762 Views)

★ Apprentice

It appears the issue has been somewhat resolved. I contacted my ISP about this issue and they sent me a new router and after playing 2 rounds the latency warning comes and goes but mostly goes. Network variation is below 10 for most of the rounds now. Plus my ping is lower 30-31 as oppose to 37. 

Message 17 of 20 (719 Views)

EA DICE Team

Glad to hear about the improvements. Standard smile @Shady_Maverick 

How your in-game experience going now with Battlefield V? 

/Atic

Message 18 of 20 (706 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic It seems better. I'm beginning to think its never going to be perfect but it is as good as its getting. My ping is lower but i did have the latency symbol most of the time earlier but others were using the internet. Last night it was just me and i had no symbols. But whatever it is id say its as good as its going to be. 

Many thanks for the help. I consider the situation sorted now. 

Message 19 of 20 (2,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Glad to hear that improvements are really there and also that if you play alone on the network is working good for you. Standard smile 

FYI: If the network works better if just you using it, it does look like the network can't handle the bandwidth that is worth poking the ISP on that. Standard smile @Shady_Maverick 

/Atic  
Message 20 of 20 (674 Views)