Re: Ping or connection problems BFV

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ping or connection problems BFV

★ Apprentice

I seem to have an issue which has been prevalent ever since January with constant latency warning and higher ping when in German servers. I’ve tried all the usual, unplug turn off router etc etc. Nothing works. When there was UK server for BFV I had no problems mid - low 20’s ping no latency warning but in the German servers it went up. So I avoided them, except now I have no choice but play them and i have the latency warning and higher ping when doing so. Now he’s mid - high 30’s. Roughly 10 or so higher. 

I’m using a hard wired connection. Ive checked on the network graph and it does show network variation as high as 10 or so but 0 packet loss. Is there something wrong with my end with regards to my ISP and connecting to the German servers or is it EA’s end? How would I go about contacting them to find out? Not the most technical with this sort of thing. 

Message 1 of 20 (2,080 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic It seems better. I'm beginning to think its never going to be perfect but it is as good as its getting. My ping is lower but i did have the latency symbol most of the time earlier but others were using the internet. Last night it was just me and i had no symbols. But whatever it is id say its as good as its going to be. 

Many thanks for the help. I consider the situation sorted now. 

View in thread

Message 19 of 20 (2,496 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Shady_Maverick, thanks for the added information on what is going on! 

If you try to open ports for Battlefield V do you see any improvements? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 20 (2,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

I’ve opened ports and done just about everything else bar changing router or contacting ISP. Nothing changes. 

On another note did the servers change from the Beta to full release as my ping was lower in the beta, nothing changed from my set up since then.

Message 3 of 20 (2,023 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the come back @Shady_Maverick 

Can you take a screenshot of the network performance so we can see what is going on. Standard smile 

Also do a uo trace and send on the details, 

It's to get a better picture to see where an issue can be. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 20 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

(Removed the trace). - Atic

Battlefield™ V_20190520152950.jpg

Message 5 of 20 (2,006 Views)

EA DICE Team
That in-game screenshot looks stable, that is good and bad, hard to find where the issue is @Shady_Maverick 

Can you do an UO-Tracer was linked above how you do it. it will give some more information then a trace route does. 

/Atic 
Message 6 of 20 (1,996 Views)

★ Apprentice

Can't do it as i'm not on a PC. I'm on Mac. 

Message 7 of 20 (1,990 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've done the Uo trace routes via an old Laptop. How do i post the results??

Message 8 of 20 (1,976 Views)

EA DICE Team

My bad I assumed that you where on PC, what platform are you on? @Shady_Maverick 

Copy paste the results in a note pad and then upload it here and I will remove once I have it. 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 20 (1,968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My bad I thought I mentioned it in my first post, PS4. Think this is it. 

( Removed uo-tracer) - Atic 

Message 10 of 20 (1,957 Views)