Ping is almost double what it should be

by 91841351674

Original Post

Ping is almost double what it should be

★★ Novice

Oregon and Dallas etc are sitting at 180-200ms on the server list but 300-350ms in game...

Very rarely will i get a match with 200ping and ive had 1 match with 170ms...

This has only been happening since season 7 start

Message 1 of 6 (820 Views)

Re: Ping is almost double what it should be

Community Manager
@91841351674 Which platform are you on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Illium

PC (Steam)

Also I'd like to add that when playing on my home servers (Sydney), this doesn't happen. I get a steady ~30ping every match.

Message 3 of 6 (770 Views)

Community Manager
@91841351674 To confirm the closer servers to you don't get high ping? This may be a location from a server issue, have you performed any connection troubleshooting so far?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 6 (745 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium The problem is the wild variance of ping.

A few recent games I had the pings where 300, 350, 330, 370 and 170. On a server that pings for 200.

On the close servers, I always get the same ping without any wild increases from game to game.

Why am I getting fine ping 1 game, then getting ping higher than if I would play on EU servers...
Message 5 of 6 (739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wanna bump this because it's obviously still an issue. I tried connecting to Singapore servers (pings for ~130) and it gives me 250ms. Sydney servers also give <30ms. 

Message 6 of 6 (361 Views)