Ping fluctuating

by sakiboj77

Original Post

Ping fluctuating

★ Guide

Ok, past two days it was 53 and before there was some problem and ping was 100 and going to 1000 and eventually red X and dc. Past two days it is ok, was 53. Tonight I login and I see 80 and going to 400, fluctuating non stop. Last time i had to use WTFast. My connection is normal and only swtor have this issues.

Please fix this before early access. 

Message 1 of 14 (1,056 Views)

Re: Ping fluctuating

Champion (Retired)

Here are some tools that may help you identify your present.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Simple-guide-to-identify-network-issues-for-Swto...

In all likelihood you will find this is not a Swtor related issue and potentially your ISP has a bad hop, or one of the many exchanges along the way is playing up.

These tools will help you identify where the issue is.

Message 2 of 14 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It is swtor issue. There was bunch of threads on swtor support before they closed it and everyone was talking about this. My conncection is good and this started to happens not long ago and before that there were no issues. Now ping is jumping up and down, got dc-ed, lag. Always before some expansion is released there is problem. And I must say that this new support forum is bad, previous one under whole swtor forum was better. Why change good stuff?

Now averege ping is swtor is 73ms but jumping to 300 and more from time to time but few yesterday and day before was 53ms and super smooth. What happend? Red eclipse server.

Message 3 of 14 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, I am sorry, I have to agree with Sakiboj. Been having the exact same issues on an 800mbit fiberoptics connecion, 2ms ping connection to servers in Dublin, Ireland (I'm in Europe), and having up to 5-6 disconnects from SWTOR only. These are NOT bad ISP hops, or whatever else it may be. I enquired at the same time in general chat, and a lot of players from all over Europe were complaining of "lag" and "random disconnects".

This was on Red Eclipse, Friday and Saturday, HOWEVER, didn't have it on Sunday nor today.

Pings are still hovering between 80-120 ms, which is much for my fiberoptics. 

Don't know if the other EU and maybe US servers had the same issues.

Message 4 of 14 (1,014 Views)

★ Guide

I am also on Red Eclipse and having 75-120 sometimes more to 300. It was normal on weekend and there were none problems but today we start again.

Message 5 of 14 (1,010 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Folks I live in New Zealand; if you look at any map you will have to scroll down to where they generally put the 'Monsters' on the Maps; That said I play on Harbringer which is located on the East Coast servers ~ near San Jose.

Running all the tests that I have provided above I have zero issues playing this game and it is near impossible for anyone to be any further away from a server then I.

I am aware that a lot of EU players are currently having issues and from what tests I have seen things get ugly with the connection from Amsterdam to Dublin (Ireland).

Please feel free to run the 'tests' that I have provided and come back and post your information, many of us will be more then happy to walk you through your results to help identify where you issues may be. (*Sadly there is no "Spoiler" tool so I would expect spamage styled posts.

Message 6 of 14 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@DBWoodynz wrote:

Folks I live in New Zealand; if you look at any map you will have to scroll down to where they generally put the 'Monsters' on the Maps; That said I play on Harbringer which is located on the East Coast servers ~ near San Jose.

Running all the tests that I have provided above I have zero issues playing this game and it is near impossible for anyone to be any further away from a server then I.

I am aware that a lot of EU players are currently having issues and from what tests I have seen things get ugly with the connection from Amsterdam to Dublin (Ireland).

Please feel free to run the 'tests' that I have provided and come back and post your information, many of us will be more then happy to walk you through your results to help identify where you issues may be. (*Sadly there is no "Spoiler" tool so I would expect spamage styled posts.

We are thankful for your help, but we posted hundreds of tracerts in the old forum and I don't have the ambition to do that again.

Maybe EA can copy them to this thread.

Server: T3-M4 (connecting from Germany / Lower Saxony)

Message 7 of 14 (933 Views)

Few seem to get stable pings using the free trial of www.wtfast.com may help at least in the short term

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 14 (924 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@desplaines Whenever I have seen all of those tests from someone in Eastern Europe it has always been the same thing, the connections from Amsterdam - London/Dublin is where things get ugly in their routes.

This would be a contact your ISP issue if it was the case and ask to be routed elsewhere.

*Remember that fire in the London 'tube (underground railway) destroyed the internet for gamers for awhile.

Message 9 of 14 (901 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DBWoodynz wrote:

Folks I live in New Zealand; if you look at any map you will have to scroll down to where they generally put the 'Monsters' on the Maps; That said I play on Harbringer which is located on the east coast near San Jose....

Just a heads up.

That's a west coast server.

Message 10 of 14 (884 Views)