Ping Site Keeps Resetting

by emeraldkraken

Original Post

Ping Site Keeps Resetting

★ Novice

The multiplayer ping site setting keeps resetting preventing me from finding a match on xbox. Is there a way to permanently change this like the first one? Multiplayer is unplayable for me right now, couldn't find a match for 30 minutes.

Message 1 of 6 (2,403 Views)

Re: Ping Site Keeps Resetting

★★★★★ Newbie
I am having this problem too! I should be connected to Oregon's ping site as I live in Washington but for some reason it seems to find it necessary to connect me to South Africa, and then I can't find a game or if I do, it isn't playable
Message 2 of 6 (2,264 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Having this prob right now, should be Oregon but it switches me to Ohio or south Africa, wtf.
Message 3 of 6 (2,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Restart the game that's the only thing that somewhat helps sometimes, I'm having the same problem too
Message 4 of 6 (2,055 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure that if the game can not find a match within your ping location, it will automatically change to a ping site that has players either in a match or in a lobby waiting.

Message 5 of 6 (2,009 Views)

★★ Novice
After a very long download, loading screen, I was extremely excited to finally play only to have this feeling abolished by endlessly dead lobbies. I looked into what could be the problem and found out my ping site was set to South Africa (not my location). As it turns out, players in South Africa are experiencing dead lobbies. I'm under the impression that it needs fixing. I'm still able to play full game sessions in SWBF1 so there shouldn't be a problem, but I'm still curious as to what is causing EA to put me in dead servers. I'm clearly not the only person experiencing this. I hope they look into it really soon.
Message 6 of 6 (1,854 Views)