Phelps! My parties are broken!

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Phelps! My parties are broken!

★★★★ Guide

I have so many bugs at my parties even the guests are complaining!! So here’s what’s going on. 
1.  Guests are announced but I often don’t physically see them - they’re friends, so I know what they should look like. This happens at other parties I attend as well. 
2. No one has ever, since the beginning of my game, actually looked like they were coming up to me to talk during a party, or that they were doing anything besides being in a holding pattern with 1 other guest, yet I receive stickers, I have been Pickpocketed, and the party levels up. Guests are not performing the actions of introductions and such. It seems as if the whole thing is on auto pilot.
3.  I cannot view other guests houses or leave for any other reason or everyone leaves, and worse, hangs out in packs down either side of my street. I was going to include pictures but they showed 20 or 30 sims so I thought not. When I return to the party they either wait down the street or walk back in the house. Are these people really coming to my parties lol?
4.  Lose friends lists, chat fails, friend requests fail.

5.  Almost every interaction I initiate teleports us into my kids room. This is no problem but after 10 or 20 times per party depending on how many guests there are, I think people get weary of it. 
6.  Not all sims show up for group activities at parties. This one proves it is the program and not the players as even my own playing or non playing sims will not show up. 
7. Don’t get party cake for being life of the party, have to buy my own!!
8.  Parties won’t end. The timer reads zero and keeps on ticking. I have to leave the party at the end and when I return it will end.

It’s important to me that these bugs be looked at as I’m concerned about other players party experience when I’m hosting, esp. the new ones who are not accustomed to all the weirdness! It’s just getting worse and worse so I thought I’d better report it. 
I hope you read this Firemonkeys! Thank you if you do! 👍😊🤭

Message 1 of 5 (836 Views)

Re: Phelps! My parties are broken!

★★★★ Guide
@CharlieDaisy12 🤭 was a typo lol. More like, 🤯
Message 2 of 5 (831 Views)

@CharlieDaisy12 sadly parties are very bugged indeed. Here is the bug list of all the bugs reported to AHQ:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/List-of-known-bugs/m-p/6682688#M11129
When you scroll down you'll see the list of party bugs. If you see any not reported yet feel free to report those.

You can do that on the bug forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/the-sims-mobile-bug-reports-en

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 5 (783 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks for the link, @Phantomlover1717 . I am going to report all bugs I don’t see listed on the bugs thread, but for the sake of continuity I’m going to follow up with “The Broken Party” saga here. 
I had another party, and here’s what happened. A lot was resolved, and some new things cropped up. 
#1. Seems resolved

#2. Sims still do not look as if they are interacting with mine, or with objects in the house, yet I am getting stickered and the party still levels. 
#3. The same

#4. Did not happen at my last party

#5. The teleporting is still going on, both at my parties and when I attend others, but instead of bedrooms my sims now end up wedged in corners by bookcases.🤷‍♀️
#6.  Much improved. 
#7. Still have to buy my own birthday cake. Please look into this one, EA! I can’t afford it! And I try my best to reach life of the party at every one I go to. 
#8. Resolved at last party

The huge new issue that surfaced at this last party was that it was almost sure not to have been advertised. Not one friend came, a first, and not one low level player came, another first. One usually has any number of newer players at their parties. There was only a pickpocket, whom I blocked, (does that mean my other guests are then safe?), and 3 other attendees, something I’ve never had happen before, and I’ve been playing for months. Another piece of evidence to the theory that it was unadvertised is that I am not seeing other parties listed on my board. Just a blank screen. 
I am off to have another party now, and will report back.😊

Message 4 of 5 (741 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is my original post from above, updated below. 
I have so many bugs at my parties even the guests are complaining!! So here’s what’s going on. 
1.  Guests are announced but I often don’t physically see them - they’re friends, so I know what they should look like. This happens at other parties I attend as well. 
2. No one has ever, since the beginning of my game, actually looked like they were coming up to me to talk during a party, or that they were doing anything besides being in a holding pattern with 1 other guest, yet I receive stickers, I have been Pickpocketed, and the party levels up. Guests are not performing the actions of introductions and such. It seems as if the whole thing is on auto pilot.
3.  I cannot view other guests houses or leave for any other reason or everyone leaves, and worse, hangs out in packs down either side of my street. I was going to include pictures but they showed 20 or 30 sims so I thought not. When I return to the party they either wait down the street or walk back in the house. Are these people really coming to my parties lol?
4.  Lose friends lists, chat fails, friend requests fail.

5.  Almost every interaction I initiate teleports us into my kids room. This is no problem but after 10 or 20 times per party depending on how many guests there are, I think people get weary of it. 
6.  Not all sims show up for group activities at parties. This one proves it is the program and not the players as even my own playing or non playing sims will not show up. 
7. Don’t get party cake for being life of the party, have to buy my own!!
8.  Parties won’t end. The timer reads zero and keeps on ticking. I have to leave the party at the end and when I return it will end.

It’s important to me that these bugs be looked at as I’m concerned about other players party experience when I’m hosting, esp. the new ones who are not accustomed to all the weirdness! It’s just getting worse and worse so I thought I’d better report it. 

Ok, I’m trying not to give up on this because these bugs are being ironed out little by little and I’ve heard from friends, who I now give and receive invites from🎉👍😊 , that some stuff, like losing the ability to friend people, is something they can have issues with too. Also friends lists going down etc. 

So, this business of all my conversations being teleported to my kids room. As it turns out the program is actually teleporting us to that spot, which is now a little conversation area with the bedrooms having been moved upstairs. (Thanks Firemonkeys!!!! Love!💕the new floor levels. Rebuilding my whole house soon! Absolutely amazing. And works perfectly. Not a bug I’ve encountered yet.)

So that’s the bug at parties, every time I click on somebody we’re transported somewhere else, usu that far right spot on the property grid. 
The only other thing I’m really going to complain about is the fact that sims don’t look like they’re engaging with my sims anywhere, even at parties, mine or others. I get stickers from people and have brief conversations in chat, so they’re there, but what they’re doing isn’t being shown to me. All I see are sims acting like they’re on autopilot talking to each other until I interact with them or call them to an activity. Then they walk away and go talk to each other again. They don’t interact with objects, nothing, I’ve never even seen that. 
I’d so appreciate this being looked at, it’s getting just hard to throw or go to parties when it’s not reflecting the live action that is taking place. 

Let me emphasize that I adore this franchise and have played it since the old days of my first computer in the early 2000s, and in comparison to other games I’ve played online The Sims Mobile really is remarkably bug free and operates so smoothly it’s a dream to play. The  gameplay is incredibly deep for something you can play on your phone, and I wouldn’t even bother reporting this stuff if I didn’t love the game and want it to work. I just really need this last bug fixed and I’ll be happy. Thanks so much!👍

Message 5 of 5 (582 Views)