Re: Persistent lag

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Persistent lag

★★★★★ Expert

I start the game and my ping is like 80-120 with no packet loss. Now the minute I enter a match, I don't know what happens. I start lagging when I jump from the ship. I am either frozen in one place completely or just teleporting around. I bought the battle pass, but how do I progress if I can't even play 1 match? Just refund my coins ffs.    

Message 1 of 4 (344 Views)

Community Manager

@BaldWraithSimp 

We don't want you teleporting all over the place. Which datacenter are you connected to (shows at the main menu when you click to connect) and do these steps below help out at all? Are you on XB1, PS4, or PC?

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@BaldWraithSimp 

We don't want you teleporting all over the place. Which datacenter are you connected to (shows at the main menu when you click to connect) and do these steps below help out at all? Are you on XB1, PS4, or PC?

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

I am on PC and play on Singapore servers. So instead of my WiFi, I tried playing on my cellular network. I didn't experience any prediction error teleportation or freezes, which is strange indeed. I lag on my WiFi(10 ms,50 Mbps up and down), but not on my Jio cellular network(40 ms+,8-10 Mbps download,1 Mbps upload). That is ridiculous. I mean you can clearly see the difference here. Since it is a cellular network, the only downside is higher ping(around 160). Well, I am happy that I can play. However, I hope that this issue gets resolved. I got WiFi just to play apex with less ping and better connectivity.

Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the info and speed tests, @BaldWraithSimp 

If you play on your ISP with a wired connection (Ethernet cable connecting PC to router) do you get the same results as WiFi?

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)