Persistant prediction errors

by dnielbloqg

Original Post

Persistant prediction errors

★★ Novice

So, something strange is happening.

I've recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 and had to reinstall Apex Legends (once after Origin not finding it in the existing folder and once after a system wipe because of an error with Origin itself, but I digress). I've installed it onto my old SSD that's been in my system since 2.5 - 3 years, but had to move it to my new M.2 SSD, the reason of the fresh install of Windows 10, due to extreme clientside lags.

Today was the first time I could play. And most of the time the game ran really smooth, better than before.

BUT every now and then I hop into a game were, for the whole duration of the game, the red symbol for prediction errors keeps appearing everytime I move the character, doing so in a very choppy manner. The animation is choppy, I seem to move a little slower, and even my teammate, who I play with over Discord, sees this in-game. Everything else in-game runs completely normal. Only while standing still the error symbol vanishes.

Like I said, it's a fresh install of everything, so that shouldn't be a problem. Only Discord and Origin run in the background while I play Apex, and that did not cause any problems in the past.

I've attached the DxDiag. My new SSD is a Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 250GB, if you need this info. I'll be happy to help with anything if needed.

Message 1 of 10 (620 Views)

Re: Persistant prediction errors

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This same problem started for me like 3 days ago. Servers that I join have consitent prediction errors throughout its entirety. My ping in other applications such as discord will just sit at 7ms.

Sometimes when i join different servers it goes away completely.

EDIT: from my understanding this error means the server is having trouble with us moving around and interacting within the game. I've also noticed the error seems to appear less frequent when standing still so theres that.

Message 2 of 10 (599 Views)

★★ Novice
@Kawaii-N3ko-77 I also think that it might be the server, but I'd like to understand why it's selectively targeting only one person, although there could be more, but I can't possibly know that. I'd need to ask everyone on the server or have access to logs or some surveilance system on the server, if they even detect and save something like that.
Message 3 of 10 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yeah no clue where to begin here either. I've tried everything that's got to do with my router, connection etc. My mates that i play with dont get this problem whatsoever. Heres to hoping someone on here might have an answer.

Just to add this was like an overnight change. Did not do anything irregular with my game, just one day servers just had this error. as if crashing wasnt bad enough for me.

Message 4 of 10 (591 Views)

Community Manager

@Kawaii-N3ko-77 Can I check what system you're playing on, and if you recently installed a Windows update if you're on PC?

@dnielbloqg Do you get the error notice if you play in training? Does a Clean Boot have any effect?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 10 (529 Views)

★ Guide

Clean boot gives nothing unfortunately. Im on PC

I have however been dling windows updates recently

Message 6 of 10 (520 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you. Can you try going into Start > Settings > Gaming, and disable Game Bar and Game mode (and DVR sure why not) and see if that has any effect?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 10 (511 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David The former I've tested out about 6 times with none of them having any problem. The latter I will test out tomorrow. Maybe the event update will fix it.
Message 8 of 10 (494 Views)

★ Novice

Same exact thing for me, I went through EA Support and tried every advice they gave until eventually they said the only option left is to make a Bug Report on here which you have already done, All my firends have this issue and a bunch of streamers i watched were having the same thing. Its Apex Servers for sure, they just need to make them better.

Message 9 of 10 (419 Views)

★ Novice

Chiming in as well. Although I have yet to file a report, I am having the same exact issues. About a week ago it started; constant prediction errors that make the game absolutely unplayable. 

I have made sure my router is forwarding the correct ports, nothing running in the background but origin (I've tried to play without Discord running and there's no change). I have done a fresh install of Apex, with no changes or improvement. I also tried different servers but no such luck.

Really hope this gets fixed soon; missing out on the end of the battlepass (and R&D) is kind of disheartening. 

Message 10 of 10 (409 Views)