Dot.: Permanent packet loss and unable to start a game

by xMortal-_-Wombat

Original Post

Permanent packet loss and unable to start a game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, 

so since a few days I got terrible issues with Apex.

If I am in a game, 90 % of those games I have ping or packet loss issues. It's only in Apex, not in Teamspeak, not in Call of Duty nor anywhere else.

That is, if I am even able to join a game... First it needs about 20 - 30 seconds to show me available datacenters. Before that I can't click continue. After that, it needs another 20 sec to load my player profile. 

And if I am at that point, if I want to join a friend or start a game - nothing happens for about... 1 or 2 minutes at least - they see me in the party, I can't see them until those 2 minutes are over. Then it takes time to press on ready (and sometimes it starts for them because I am "ready" but I am not joining in). 

Now if I was able to join in the first game and we get out of the game I am back at the menu - and can't click on ready because it says "all players need to be at least level 10 to play ranked". And that's the point where I lost my patience for the game. Because this keeps happening since around 1 week now. And it's * annoying. CoD Warzone for example has non of these issues, so I am pretty sure it's not on my side.

I tried:

Reinstalling Apex

Reinstalling Origin

Did the Route tracing thing (see attachment)

So no idea what I am supposed to do... I really would love to play this game - but it makes no sense to wait for ~ 20 minutes to start a game, to then have massive issues which makes it litteraly unplayable because people warp for 2 meters all the time and then die instantly.

Please let me know if I can give any further information to help identify (and maybe fix) the problem.

Thank you!

Best regards

xMortal-_-Wombat

Some edits for PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM: DDR4 16GB, 1066 MHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

MB: B450 Gaming Plus (MS-7B86)

OS build: 18362.270

Internet Connection:

ISP: Deutsche Telekom

100 Mbit/s

Speedtest:

Ping: 10ms

Down: 84.51 Mbps

Up: 41.84 Mbps

No antivirus installed except for Windows Defender

Message 1 of 3 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@xMortal-_-Wombatanswer is simple - Deutsche Telekom

Look up "Telekom packet loss" in google. In Poland they r named T-mobile and same * happens Standard smile since like ... 2 years :D

Option 1 - change provider

Option 2 - buy good VPN and use it for gaming

Message 2 of 3 (197 Views)

★ Novice

So it really is the ISP... god damn...

A VPN really helps in that regard?

Well that'd be a good option... 

Thanks for the info, I'll try it out Standard smile 

Message 3 of 3 (186 Views)