Re: Performance Issues with BF1 /BF5 Related to (Denuvo?)

by JaidenX

Original Post

Performance Issues with BF1 /BF5 Related to (Denuvo?)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So I was basically reading the news and saw Battlefield 5 is using Denuvo?

https://www.thenerdmag.com/battlefield-v-cracked-by-cpy-was-using-denuvo-5-3/

^ I was going to purchase this game, but not now.

I was never aware that Battlefield products were using Denuvo, but this explains why Battlefield 1, was taking up quite a bit of CPU  usage and causing issues especially when running Multiple Games / tasks at the same time, because I know that game gives issues perhaps not when running just the game by itself, but I should not be having issues running two or three games at once with my setup.

^ Though this is a common problem with Denuvo based titles, as I've also purchased Monster Hunter World, played it for 4 hours, and uninstalled the game due to heavy load on CPU usage due to Denuvo, along with other various Single Player Games.

Battlefield 5, and Battlefield 1, are Online Games, there is no reason to be running this software if it is because it can require a valid license to be played online thus no Denuvo required.

As a result of Denuvo causing problems for gamers, I've had no choice but to stop buying (ALL Single Player Games) such as "Dragon Age" "Tomb Raider" ETC there are many I can no longer support buying because it degrades my performance, not something that should be done to a paying customer, and I tell my friends, and online friends not to buy them too.

- EA, can look over my account and see that I purchased the original series of certain games, but I am done buying any new releases with Denuvo, and honestly it seems to me like Denuvo is driving down sales, and actually turning more people into P*******.

Unless someone can provide me with a way to not have the performance impact at all when playing multiple games at once and extra resources being taken up by Denuvo, I would love a response from EA on this because it's really disturbing as a consumer having to go through this * because a small group of people choose to pirate.

I actually asked on the forum, but it was removed i'd like a solution so I could buy, and play this game without having performance impacts now that I know Battlefield 1 performance issues were caused by Denuvo.

Edit: EA, I beg you to remove Denuvo if it's in both these games, and stop releasing games with Denuvo so I can buy them, and recommend them to people.

Edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baMwNSX-Y1c Proof of Slowdowns on multiple games ); I would like my copy of BF1 fixed, and if I buy BF5 I don't want extrra resources wasted.

Message 1 of 4 (1,085 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hey @JaidenX

Does it really matter?  the DRM is for the SP. MP they use Fairfight.

Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 4 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice

Where is fairfight in bf 5 ???? not message in tchat banned player like bf 1 !!!!

Message 3 of 4 (1,012 Views)

★★★ Novice

Software means software package?

And yeah DRM does matter, the problem with "Denuvo" is basically the way it works, I purchased Battlefield 1 I think last year, and it gives me FPS loss when multi-tasking on a 8 thread system which shouldn't happen with the type of setup I am running.

However now that I found out just recently that both Battlefield 1, and Battlefield 5 runs Denuvo I have found the cause.

If you look on Google, and do Research Denuvo is responsible for performance impact across many games using it, and it really doesn't stop piracy because many games including the new recent games was cracked within just a few days or less, meanwhile anyone who purchases a game legally has to suffer the extra resource usage and performance issues caused by Denuvo DRM.

In some cases this speically DRM runs Anti-Tamper checks which causes even more issues, in some instances of games crashing to desktop and such.

If a game does not have Denuvo, it often performs better, this is on top of games like Dark Spore, which I believe EA released and anyone who purchased the game was unable to play it after the servers shut down due to DRM even on Single-Player, software that they purchased, which is the second reason why DRM is bad.

Battlefield 1 & 5, are Online Games, thus since it would have a licesnse key, and have to be verified as legitimate to be allowed into multi-player there is no reason for having Denuvo DRM in the game in the first place.

Message 4 of 4 (980 Views)