Original Post

Highlighted

Peebee loyalty mission - FOV setting prevents progress

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug With a FOV set to maximum right, you are unable to scan the signal generator during Peebee's loyalty mission. By setting FOV to the lowest value, I was able to scan it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. n/a
What company provides your internet service? n/a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do Peebee's loyalty mission in the volcano. - Finish the battle with 2 atlases - Set FOV to maximum (bar on far right) - Attempt to scan the thing that makes the bridge show up The game considers the item too far away to be scanned. Now set your FOV to the minimum (bar on the far left, or empty) You will now be able to scan the item to make the bridge show up.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia GTX 1070
Please enter memory size in GB. 32

On a whim I tested the FOV settings and found this bug.

Due to FOV, the game will not consider you close enough to scan the item not allowing you to proceed through the quest.

Message 1 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: Peebee loyalty mission - FOV setting prevents progress

★★★★★ Newbie

i literally cant thank you enough for this, i reloaded the same bit multiple times thinking the game was just broke. Legend.

Message 2 of 3 (94 Views)

Re: Peebee loyalty mission - FOV setting prevents progress

★★★ Apprentice

It's not the only case where the FOV messes with the scanners. It's definitely the most egregious one but there's others. In Vetra's mission in one of the rooms you couldn't select the stuff the hack and very often the scans are capricious and it takes a few tries before you get them.

So I don't think it's a problem specific to this mission as much as it's just that the scanner in general doesn't work well with high FOV and this is just the instance where it's game breaking.

Message 3 of 3 (90 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help