Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Peebee and Jaal: Frozen Dialogue Bug

by Kiskadeee

Original Post

Re: Peebee and Jaal: Frozen Dialogue Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I got this bug in different dialogs now. Sloan and the Guard at her door for example. Deleting Patch Folder and repairing doesn't work. Maybe doing this for Peebee made this even worse? I don't know.

WTF Bioware, fix your damn game.

Message 11 of 23 (546 Views)

Betreff: Peebee and Jaal: Frozen Dialogue Bug

★★★★ Novice

I can confirm that it's sufficient to just delete a small file from the patch folder instead of the complete folder.

Just make sure that you do not load an autosave or any other kind of automatically generated savegame after repairing and restarting the game.

Otherwise the bug is instantly back again. If I load the newest manual savegame I can usually continue playing for a while - sometimes only 5 minutes, sometimes maybe an hour.

I see absolutely no logic in the occurance of this bug. Since I'm now spending more time on watching the "game repair scan" than on actually playing the game, I've decided to quit the game altogether. In some months and after some more patches, I'll give it another try. Hopefully, the problem  will be solved then.

Message 12 of 23 (523 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ive had EXACTLY the same, im having it at kadara again, its just SO gamebreaking, i always have to stop playing the game, the only way out of it is alt+f4. i dont see how this got through quality testing, thats just ridicoulis to me. completely spoils the game for me.  

Message 13 of 23 (500 Views)

★★★★ Novice

what folder exactly is it you are talking about if i may ask?

Message 14 of 23 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Its the Patch folder directly.

Also, if anyone of you think this gets better later in the game...oh you are in for a suprise.

Main mission talking scenes bugged, loyalty missiosn bugged. Special emotional scenes? same bug.

Im now on Eladaan (yes i actually put up with this bugs * until eladeen)

the WHOLE PLANET is full of that bug. I kid you not.

I. WANT. MY. MONEY. BACK.

If i wouldve baught this game in a retail store id go there and * go batshit crazy. this is a BROKEN PRODUCT.

Message 15 of 23 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Absolutely right. And now it's almost 2 weeks WITHOUT A F U C K I N G  PATCH.

Why Bioware why? Look at how Guerrilla Games patched Horizon every couple of days after release with huge patchnotes including bugfixes and NEW FEATURES!

And your game? It's f u c k i n g broken like an asset flip game on Steam for 1,99€.

Message 16 of 23 (460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Deleting the patch folder and repairing helped for dialogues on the tempest. Havarl went well too. Now, on Liams loyalty mission the cutscene after the first room glitches out into desync and the game stays desync even after the scene.

Message 17 of 23 (439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@CihanSan

This * worked: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cutscene-freezes-Background-loader-stops-working/m-p/5986676/hi...

In short: Game * because ingame english, origin game-setting german -> set origin game-setting to english, it loaded some files and mission works like a charm now.

Message 18 of 23 (429 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AinSophAur

Thank you buddy, I'll try out this fix later on today!
Message 19 of 23 (424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sadly this did  not solve my dialgue problem. I've switched to the english origin version, restarted the client and repaired the game again.

5 minutes later I'm stuck in the next quest dialogue.

The game is just not playable like that. Unfortunateley, this bug does not seem to be wide-spread across the players and thus will probably not be fixed for a long time.

I'll keep an eye on these audio threads for further possible solutions and upcoming patches but playing the game in it's current state is not possible.

Message 20 of 23 (409 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help