Accepted Solution

Peebee and Jaal: Frozen Dialogue Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Since the latest patch, everytime I try to speak with Jaal or Peebee (the only ones whose loyalty missions I haven't finished, so maybe that's related? Didn't help anything to finish Jaals mission after that though) the scene just freezes. They look at me, but no dialogue starts, so I have to restart the game. They react like that no matter where on the Tempest I try to speak to them or how many missions have passed since the last time.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. http://www.speedtest.net/result/6201032016
What company provides your internet service? Telekom Deutschland
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I experience this bug since the last patch 1.05 only on the Tempest and only with the characters Jaal and Peebee. When I try to speak with them, the dialouge-cutscene starts, but freezes and they won't say anything. So I have to restart the game. There is no special dialogue with the other crew members at that point, so every dialogue option is probably grey (but invisible) at that time. I finished most of the sidequests and have visited and completed every planet (100%) and every loyalty mission except Peebee's. I finished Jaal's after the bug occured for the first time, because I thought it maybe was related, but that didn't change anything. The next step in the story would be to hunt down the Archons Ship. I hope, this is helpful!
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 970 M
Please enter memory size in GB. 16 GB RAM, 4 GB Graphics Card

https://hastebin.com/ivoqeseyam.tex

Message 1 of 23 (2,463 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Peebee and Jaal: Frozen Dialogue Bug

★★ Guide

Try to delete the Patch folder in the game folder on your computer and then repair the game via Origin. That worked for me... at least for the moment

View in thread

Message 3 of 23 (2,928 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Got the same. Didn't do any loyalty missions yet so I don't think that's connected.

If you wait long enough dialog may continue but without sound and if you can leave the dialog everything is bugged out. No doors will open for you.

Message 2 of 23 (2,443 Views)

★★ Guide

Try to delete the Patch folder in the game folder on your computer and then repair the game via Origin. That worked for me... at least for the moment

Message 3 of 23 (2,929 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I'm experiencing the same problem. It's reproducible and makes talking to Jaal and Peebee impossible. So far I've only encountered the bug on the Tempest.

The moment the game switches to the dialogue mode it gets stuck - it doesn't freeze completely but the characters just keep swaying and blinking with their eyes and no dialogue starts and no dialogue option wheel is visible. If you wait for maybe 5 minutes the first dilague line might actually show up (subtitles on) but the audio is either missing completely or totally out of sync and delayed for several seconds. You also might be able to choose one more dialogue option which will be spelled out also after several minutes only but that's it then. You can only restart the game then and avoid interacting with Jaal and Peebee.

If started conversations with all other charcters on the Tempest but they seem to be working just fine.

I will have to stay away from Jaal and Peebee until this bug is fixed.

Message 4 of 23 (2,434 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you! That worked for me. Standard smile

Message 5 of 23 (2,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also worked for me.

Message 6 of 23 (2,392 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you my Friend, you just saved my day! Thanks a lot!

Message 7 of 23 (2,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The Glitch is back again.

Now the Conversation with Liam at the Kett ship during his loyalty Mission is Buged, guess I have to wait for a Patch after all...

Message 8 of 23 (2,226 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well to use this as a workaround for me it was enough to delete just one file in the patch folder and do the repair. Its a lot faster then download the hole 1.6GB patch again. This leads me to the assumption that the repair is what fixing the glitch and its not necessarily related to the whole patch folder.

Message 9 of 23 (2,183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm using the "delete patch folder" as a permament solution at the moment. More or less every quest with cutscenes and dialogue is bugged. Deleting the patch folder will allow me to play for maybe 30 minutes until the bug reappears again. If deleting just a small file in the folder also does the trick - that would save a lot of download time. Will try it out sadly sooner than later...

Message 10 of 23 (2,130 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help