Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Peebee:Remnant Scanner- No email received

by farmeeli

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Peebee:Remnant Scanner- No email received

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

I did the exact same thing, and am also encountering the error. I never got an email to see her in the Museum, but ended up visiting her there. Since then, I have not received any emails from her. My current mission is still Peebee: Secret Project, and it says ON HOLD: Wait for Peebee to learn more about Remnant Technologies. 

(Edit - This is on PC)

Message 21 of 30 (920 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Also having this problem with PeeBee (PC version). 

I also had a failed email warning for Vectra, but had no problems carrying out her loyalty mission (on IMO the coolest asteroid world/moonscape ever in a video game).   

So if I'm to understand it right, it seems the game wants me to return to the Tempest much more often than I have been in order to access important emails at specific junctures in what seems like a very thin and vanishing window of time, or else I don't get them at all - never mind getting them too late; rather I just don't get them as if they were never sent. Hmm..don't like.

That it even has a [failed email] warning in the journal entry indicates that this may be intentional, but that's just an awful way to do it.  To Bioware:  Please consider changing or fixing this.  I'm sure there are many, many players who are trying to do as much exploring and minor questing as possible on any given planet in between visits to the Tempest and/or returns to the Nexus, which sometimes means long hours spent away from the ship and long hours between emails.

Message 22 of 30 (898 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Huh. Interesting. Seems her missions are incredibly bugged if we're gettind such a variations of issues. Only think I can think of would be to to load a serve before meeting her at the museum, but that's a hassle depending on how far you are. Other than that, I guess just wait for it to be patched. Man. I really feel for you. I hope it's fixed soon. Frown
Message 23 of 30 (887 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Came back to the game and finally found how to fix it....... Get to the point in the game hunting the archon and after you talk to gil about the transponder you get the email museum doesn't matter 

Message 24 of 30 (835 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Sorry if this doesn't work for some, it worked for me

Message 25 of 30 (831 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Oh nice thank you CrownClown94. That worked for me. I gave up on playing/trying exactly before talking to Gil. Unlucky timing I guess but hey it worked and I got the quest now.

For those with the same problem that I had and who want to know when exactly that scene happens (careful spoilers!):

After you are done with convincing the people on Aya (either through Havarl or Voeld) about your good intentions and after you went to their vault, you get a new priority mission called "Hunting the Archon". You are going to have to travel to Kadara and speak with a few people (just follow the priority quest) until you find out about the transponder on Kadara. As soon as you get the transponder you have to talk to Gil on the Tempest. The moment you're done with that conversation I got the email for Remnant Scanner and I'm now able to trigger the mission!

Thanks again to CrownClown!

Message 26 of 30 (806 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
ok so this is not a glitch or anything the email you get from the museum part is a different email. You won't get the email for the second part until after you do some of the hunting the archon quests other quests on kadara. They should have changed the name for the second part.
Message 27 of 30 (784 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Teyin, please read through the thread completely. It is most definitely a glitch. The game was acting like I had an email when I didn't. It didn't just say "on hold" it was actively saying I had an email from her even though my inbox was empty. I also got her Remnant Scanner quest without even finishing Secret Project.

Also, huge thanks to Crownclown, I'm so glad all of you can move forward with this quest! :D Thanks everybody!! Standard smile
Message 28 of 30 (763 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Another PC player here. Never got the Peebee email. I mainly use here and Drack so this really sux. Never got the email. I check every time I'm on the bridge.
Message 29 of 30 (405 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie
Yeah I kind of regret getting this on PC. Wish I would have got it on my PS4. Never had that regret before.
Message 30 of 30 (405 Views)
Twitter Stream