Original Post

Accepted Solution

Peebee Quest: Remnant Scanner - Unable to progress

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug During Peebee's quest called "Remnant Scanner", I am unable to progress. During the section where you go to visit Havarl, it did not complete the objective. I assume something didn't trigger and auto-saves don't go back maybe 10 minutes at most. Without losing hours of progress with a non-autosave, I cannot potentially continue this quest. I assume it doesn't happen every time, but I honestly have no idea how frequent this bug is. I don't know if it happens every time. It probably doesn't. I did perform a search to see if others were getting it and Polygon also mentioned that this happened to them (In the Havarl section where they mentioned "weird glitch"): http://www.polygon.com/mass-effect-andromeda-guide-walkthrough/2017/3/24/15037456/peebee-loyalty-mis...
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When doing Peebee's quest "Remnant Scanner", it seems that sometimes when you enter the Havarl Remnant site it may not trigger the quest properly. I fought nothing inside except a cutscene at the end, but a Polygon guide mentions that you are supposed to fight Remnant there prior to the cutscene trigger.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Please enter memory size in GB. N/A

Here's a link to a video I decided to save after it because the conversation bugged out and pointed the wrong way that just happened to catch the entire run down into the Remnant site on Havarl. Unfortunately it includes an accidental death that prolongs the video a little. Decided against shortening it by fast forwarding just in case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QXfUFNT6Eo

Message 1 of 66 (30,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Peebee Quest: Remnant Scanner - Unable to progress

★ Apprentice

Good news! I was able to resolve this issue and advance the quest. Here's what I did: Loaded the "Mission" save autocreated at the end of Jaal's loyalty mission, switched companions from Jaal and Peebee to Cora and Liam, and once inside the remnant structure I took the right-hand path instead of the left one.

I would think that either Peebee's presence or the left side path triggers are bugged. (Also, the chest being looted already is fine, the quest advances through conversation.)

View in thread

Message 3 of 66 (32,768 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this game breaking bug as well. It may be related to having previously cleared this area and looted the chest involved (I'm not certain if you can access that small room on your initial visit, but the scannable object inside was already scanned so I think I must have.)

Edit: Just watched the above video and saw that in that case the chest and research object were still lootable and the quest still didn't progress.

Message 2 of 66 (30,412 Views)

★ Apprentice

Good news! I was able to resolve this issue and advance the quest. Here's what I did: Loaded the "Mission" save autocreated at the end of Jaal's loyalty mission, switched companions from Jaal and Peebee to Cora and Liam, and once inside the remnant structure I took the right-hand path instead of the left one.

I would think that either Peebee's presence or the left side path triggers are bugged. (Also, the chest being looted already is fine, the quest advances through conversation.)

Message 3 of 66 (32,769 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Awesome job Barbecue!! Been stuck here since last night!! Can confirm....taking peebee outta your party made this work for me. Didn't fight Remnant till the final room, but still worked!! Happy Hunting!
Message 4 of 66 (30,379 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After reading barbecue7's last reply, I loaded back and went through all stuff I did prior to this and saved several times right before I did the Havarl part. I attempted it three times:

1) Party without Peebee & went left

2) Party without Peebee & went right

3) Party with Peebee & went right

Of those, the first time I went left and the quest did not advance again. However both times I went right, it did advance just fine even with Peebee in the party. So my guess is that it only triggers if you go right in the remnnant site. Here's a video of the first two attempts that show this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGU0OMy72hE

I won't mark it as solved because the bug is clearly not resolved, but at least if anybody else reads this it should be a simple matter on fixing it so long as they have a save point prior to entering the remnant site on Havarl.

Message 5 of 66 (30,321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Following up, going right worked for me too. No changes in party necessary.

Message 6 of 66 (30,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Had this on PC, Barbecues fix worked (didn't take PeeBee, took the right path in). Thanks mate!

Message 7 of 66 (30,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Same here - also on PC. Went in the left side with Jaal and Liam, no remnant or quest trigger and the cutscenes with the outlaw was bugged (outlaw invisible, dialogue didn't play). I was able to exit and come back in the right hand path which triggered the remnant and updated the quest even though I'd already looted the chest.
Message 8 of 66 (29,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can confirm this, same on PC

the problem is, i discovered everything before i started to do the loyality mission from peebee.. so everytime i'll go to the remnant place.. just nothing happend.

i already got the other ones you have to collect. only this one is missing.

is there a console command to skip the actual quest stage? i'm just curious

Message 9 of 66 (29,902 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue on PC. Went to the right and it resolved it. I think it may have something to do with enemy's not spawning when you go left. Thank god I had a save right before hand otherwise I'd lost two hours to this bug. 

Message 10 of 66 (29,800 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help