Re: Pc. character suddenly stops moving for a short period of time

by crossedeyeplayer

Original Post

Pc. character suddenly stops moving for a short period of time

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi.

Im experiencing some kind of bug or i dont know how to address this situation. Im using ethernet cable for the connection.

during in game my character stops moving, i am able to see everything else is in motion except my character for couple seconds.

Im holding W down for the movement but when the issue occurs i need to release W and press it again if nothing repeat again.. for like 5s -10s 

this happens mostly in fights so it cause me to loose them without able to responding properly. During these random freezes or i have no idea how to call, i was using Discord or Teamspeak, and i was able to communicate with my team, so i have no idea  this issue is  related to my internet connectionor not.

There is a topic with a similiar or same issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Apex-Legends-random-Freezing-rubber-band-lag/td-p/7435194

The solution is to use a software called killer control center and turn off stream detect,  which im unable to install because i have no compatible component in my pc with this software,

ANd as far as im aware im not the only one with this issue. Please help!
Looking forward to hear from anyone who has the same issue or know a solutions.
Thanks for your time

My spec is:

Ryzen 5 1500x
GTX strix 1080

24gb Ram

Edited:

I did a fresh install of windows 10

(i even reseted my motherboard to factory settings)

fresh install of the game and the launcher and i still experienced the issue.

Message 1 of 14 (4,988 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me im Having a similar problem, for like 15 sec every game i get frozen screen and a red icon on the top right corner of the screen, I guess is that the conection with the server gets lost because I can still talk on discord and internet is working properly, I tried repairing the game, etc. Basically i tried everything so Im pretty sure is a problem of the game or origin servers. Any one having this problem too? any solutions? thanks and pardon my bad english.

Message 2 of 14 (4,925 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have the same issue, any possible fix?

Message 3 of 14 (4,846 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have contacted EA help twice and followed countless troubleshooting routines and nothing has worked so far. I hope that the more comments there are on this thread, the more it will catch the developers' attention. Let's hope for a quick fix!

Message 4 of 14 (4,761 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I can see that EA Developers Dont give a damn * a bout this, thanks EA for showing what * company you are once more, YOU CAN'T EVEN ANSWER AND SAY THE PROBLEM IS BEING LOOKED AT, SHAME ON YOU!!!!

Message 5 of 14 (4,641 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Massive problem for me. It was working fine the first couple of days up until about a week ago. I dont think its connection related. Seems more like WASD movements are getting stuck every time I pick something up or ADS or perform other actions like opening doors etc.. Its made the game literally unplayable for me. Every fire fight I get in to Im standing like a deer in headlights frustrated cause WASD doesnt want to work.

GTX980ti
W10
i7-4790k
16GB
Message 6 of 14 (4,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So thats it for me no more Apex Im done I reinstall the game tried 40 different things nothing works still same [Edit - Admin.] so Im done, I got a 3000euros pc only the pc a year ago so it aint my pc all other games i play ALL OVERWATCH, DIABLO, CSGO, DOTA2, PUBG all work perfect but this crap game doesnt. Im done when u fix it maybe i come back and i dont even think so.

Message 7 of 14 (4,542 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem for 1 week now ! 

Never had this problem before on this game. I don't know why i have it now. But it's simply impossible to play. Connection Crash every 2 games. A little bit annoying. Hope you will find a fix for this !

Message 8 of 14 (4,495 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have fixed this problem with killer control center (i have killer e2500 network adapter) i had exctly the same problem before i can only tell you guys its a network problem, the problem wasnt the killer control center version or application bug, it was the advanced stream detect option so maybe your adapter is doing the same thing you guys should try to see if  there is a way to disable this "option" on your network adapter.... hope it will help gl

Message 9 of 14 (4,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That only works for people with KillerControlCenter.

Message 10 of 14 (4,369 Views)