Payment errors and missing money

by qamosu

Original Post

Payment errors and missing money

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I encountered a payment error "Late confirmation of payment or approval from source of payment". I contacted Origin support earlier and received a confirmation that the payment was faulty and the Apex coins were not credited. But the money was withdrawn from the card and Origin support advised me to contact the bank. I received a response from the bank to a request for the status of the payment. The bank confirmed that the payment on their part was successful and it is necessary to clarify the further status of the payment either from the acquiring bank or from the payment service. And there was no solution but advice - just wait. The support service cannot find out at what stage the payment was faulty. Obviously, the money is gone and there is no result, and this makes me rather sad about the situation of one of the most important moments of the free-to-play game - in-game payments and support flexibility.

Message 1 of 3 (853 Views)

Re: Payment errors and missing money

Community Manager

Hey @qamosu,

If a transaction fails to go through, in some cases that may just appear on your account as a pending authorization. In most cases that can take up to 72 hours to be returned to your account, just depending on the bank.

If it's been more than 24 hours since that transaction and your bank is saying this is not pending authorization and they've sent the funds through, you'll need to reach back out to an advisor with the proof of purchase listed here.

They will need to investigate further as this is not something we're able to review on the forums.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 3 (826 Views)

Re: Payment errors and missing money

★★★ Newbie

Hey EA_Mako,

thanks for your time and for the answer

at the time of confirmation from the bank and today's contact with the support service, about 48 hours have passed since the payment was made. A customer service representative requested access and verified the payment in the order history. But instead of investigating the source of the problem and taking any further action, I received an answer - please expect a return.

PC: the bank confirmed that the authorization was successful, the money for the operation was blocked and the payment was made. The bank advised, that is, you need to clarify either with the acquiring bank or with the payment service, what is the problem. The acquiring bank also needs to be specified on the payment service

Message 3 of 3 (808 Views)