Re: Payback blue screen

by BlinkAChu

Original Post

Payback blue screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So last week I built an entirely new computer. Installed new Windows as well. I wanted a new PC and knowing this game was gonna come out I wanted it finished before it released, so I would have a clean setup and supposedly NOTHING should go wrong.

In the span of playing for one-two hours, I've now had two Blue Screens of Death from Windows. Mind you, I've playtested this rig extensively this last week. Installed plenty of games that are graphically demanding to really test it's capabilities to deal with everything.

I really hope one of you has an idea, because if the trial version of this game already is giving me BSoD's, then I am fearful for the rest of the game. The BSoD's seem to start occuring once I hit the desert area with Mac. I got my first BSoD during the second race of his 4 races, and the second BSoD just after finding the first derelict chassis and driving towards the second part.

My system specs:
i7 6800k 3.4GHz
32 GB RAM 3000Mhz quad channel
GTX1080Ti from EVGA, the Hybrid SC2 one

The game is installed on a 500GB Sata SSD from Samsung, the 850 Evo series

My PC doesn't get above 60 degrees under load (both the CPU and GPU are similar in temperature at all times, both are water cooled) 

There doesn't seem to be any indication of it happening other than the game suddenly freezing, a rattling sound coming through my speakers, after which it takes about 3-5 seconds for the Blue Screen to pop up which simply says it's creating a dump file which it doesn't actually create (i've checked whether its created in the supposed location on pc it should be created)
Unfortunately I don't have any error codes to give at this time, maybe there's a diagnostics tool that comes with the game itself to analyse crashes? 

Really hope anyone has an answer. NFS 2015 was one of my favorite racing games in a long while even though I did have some things I'd like to see improved, and it seems like they've improved them in this version. I don't mind it that much if the game crashes itself but if it's taking my entire system down, that's problematic.

Message 1 of 5 (2,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I got same problem here BSOD and just game crashes every 20 minutes. game is just realy bad.

Dont get me wrong when game does work for a momnet i enjoy it.

Gaming PC:
►Monitor 1: Samsung P2770
►Monitor 2: Samsung 22"
►Webcam: Logitech C910 HD-cam
►Main Board: Asus Maximus VI
►Processor: Intel i7 4770K @ 3.6Ghz
►Cooler: Corsair H100I
►Memory: 32GB Ripjaw cl9 DDR3 1333Mhz
►Sound: Sound Blaster Recon3D Champion
►Graphic Card 1: NVidea 1080TI GTX GDDR5
►Case: Coolermaster HAF X
►SSD1: Samsung Evo 840 1TB (Windows 10 64bit)
►HDD1: WD 320GB Document Disk
►HDD2: WD Bleu 3TB Game Disk

Gaming Gear
►Headphone 1: Logitech G933
►Keyboard 1: Logitech G19
►Mouse: Logitech G900
►Mousepad: Razor Steel Pad

Message 2 of 5 (2,587 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I actually may have resolved the crash itself, since I work in IT myself I did some logfile checking of Windows to see what was causing the BSoD's

It seemed to be related to permissions pertaining to the DistrubutedCOM files (the application-specific permission settings do not grant local activation permission for the COM server application with CLSID)

So I did some research and changed some security settings on my PC to change rights for DCOM files (I don't remember specifically how, I followed an article online about it, it went over my head tbh), which seems to have resolved them.

Potentially this could resolve it for others, but just check with Event Viewer what causes the BSoD (It's under Windows Logs > System) and then the Red Circle with the exclamation mark in it.

Message 3 of 5 (2,572 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I actually made it quite easy for you by literally posting the error message displayed in my Event Viewer, and where to find your specific error message in your Event Viewer. I posted these two specifically so you can do one specific thing: google them.
I don’t have an answer to your problem. I don’t even know if you have the same problem as me. Blue Screens can be caused by so many different things. I just explained what happened to my pc and how I fixed it, by giving you the data, which you can use to compare it to your issue and if it’s the same, do the same thing I did and google the error code.
Message 4 of 5 (2,543 Views)

★ Novice

can you tell me step by step what you did I also have the same problem and I saw som dcom error in event viewer just like you. But ur answer is too complicated just explain what i need to do please!

Message 5 of 5 (1,664 Views)