Re: Pathfinder causing PC crash and auto restart

by Stravask

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Pathfinder causing PC crash and auto restart

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Pathfinder causing game to crash and windows auto restart after dropping any health syringe. Recreated this problem 4 times now, it’s always after dropping syringes that was in backpack. No error indication just a straight restart to my PC. 

Do not have this problem with other legends, it’s only when I play pathfinder. If it matters, I’m using the unicorn skin 

Message 1 of 12 (1,034 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

The error you are seeing is one relating to your GPU @Baddoggy1, the best thing to do is a clean install of your GPU drivers. 

You also need to ensure that you:

• Turn on vsync
  • Perform a clean bootbefore attemting to play the game
  • Ensure you have power supply capable of meeting the demands of your hardware while it is under heavy gaming load
  • Set all in game graphics settings to low in order to reduce the stress on your GPU.
  • Set the high performance preset in your GPU control panel, as opposed to the high quality preset.
  • Run your video card at stock speeds (memory and core). This is also important for players with factory overclocked cards. This will require some third party software such as EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner etc.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,184 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

That's an odd one @Baddoggy1. I've seen issues with the game closing itself but not restarting the system/

Can I ask you to try changing the skin you use and then see if you can recreate the issue?

If you can grab a DxDiage that would be great: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,020 Views)

★★ Novice
Let me do a quick test and get back
Message 3 of 12 (1,015 Views)

★★ Novice

There you go

Message 4 of 12 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Now its unplayable. 

Message 5 of 12 (1,000 Views)

★★ Novice

Any updates? The game is unplayable now, starting a game crashes it and forced a restart. 

What I have done so far:

Reinstalled windows

not running any Asus programs

not running Nvidia GeForce experience

uninstalled all my hardware monitoring tools

running single GPU mode instead of SLI

turn off Gsync

this is super frustrating 

Message 6 of 12 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Helpful Player - "Hey I've found a major game-breaking bug that I can easily reproduce, pls help"
EA  - "Sure can you see if it still happens when you alter the parameters slightly?"
Helpful Player - "Sure thing, I'll try. Oh, well now I can't play at all. Here's the data logs I can provide you guys with. Also, here's the list of things I've tried as an end-user, including reinstalling windows entirely to try to fix what trying to help did to my stuff."
EA  - *disappears*

Git rekt lol
Sorry mate :C

Message 7 of 12 (973 Views)

★★ Novice

At this point I do not know what to expect from them.

my PC is now bricked. Endless loop BSOD and this is the 4th time I have to reformat and reinstall windows. I’m just going to give up and quit this game. I really liked the game but it’s not worth killing my Pc for it. 

Message 8 of 12 (955 Views)

Community Manager

When replying to a CM it is always best to tag us @Baddoggy1 as at times posts can be missed. You can tag us by hitting the @ sign and selecting the user from the drop-down or typing in the name.

Would you mind doing the Windows Memory Diagnostic to see if it finds any issues:

1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Click on System and Security.
  3. Click on Administrative Tools.
  4. Double-click the Windows Memory Diagnostic shortcut. 
  5. Click the Restart now and check problems option.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 12 (939 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Darkono memory problems, as a last resort I’ve wiped everything and uninstalled origin loader and apex.
The crashes has damaged my SSD and it is unusable now. I redid the memory test after I reinstall my windows into another drive, it was so bad I couldn’t boot into windows. For other players sake, please find out what’s wrong ASAP. 

Message 10 of 12 (930 Views)